NatalieAZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Wrong address appears after editing

I've tried editing the address on this church building several times, and when I get a notification that my edit has been approved, the address still appears incorrectly:

http://bit.ly/2pf1TLu

It should be:

7361 S 164th St, Gilbert, AZ 85298

Seems kind of glitchy, no?

5 comments
Level 10

Re: Wrong address appears after editing

I saw before this "duplication of address" error, never discovered how to get rid of.

Seems like tooks address also from marker, and adds to the specified address.

Level 8

Well, thanks for the response. I guess it's good to know it's happened before.  I was starting to think it was something I did. 

Connect Moderator

Maps address parsing is a work in progress, and does not always work correctly.  Sometimes it doesn't work correctly but you can't tell, as everyone appears in order but in reality items are in the wrong fields.

Currently the only way to repair addresses that don't get fixed via a normal edit is to report them.  Please use "Send Feedback -> Other Feedback" to submit this and ask that the address be fixed.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Hi @NatalieAZ

That place is actually a duplicate (more exactly there are three, different instances as there is this one, too). The other one has the correct address, is claimed and verified and even its category is more precise. Please, have a look at the places: 

DuplicateDuplicate

CorrectCorrect

Best would be to mark the other two as duplicate and the issue is solved. 

Level 8

Ah!  Thank you for the help!