Abdulbhai92's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Why we are Doing work for Google Map?????

I am working with Google map and Google is not giving something as any benefits so what can i do for google to achieve a some benefits???? from Google.. in Google Map!

www.newalnoor.com
https://www.facebook.com/newalnoorgroups/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
8 comments
Level 7

Re: Why we are Doing work for Google Map?????

@Abdulbhai92 I hope you have used google maps to find locations, or for another purpose. Part of the help you are getting from google maps comes from the community like yourself, so you are helping back that community.

There are perks for contributors on google maps, look here

Level 7

Re: Why we are

We do it to help our community learn about businesses, new roads and other interesting places.

If you think this is just work that Google should pay you to do, then it is probably best that you quit the Local Guides Program.

Level 2

yes its important to earn money 

Level 7

I liked your question, well, I am in the level 5 and I have not earned nothign. 

Level 9

@Abdulbhai92 why we always use Google to search anything? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Hello

I too was searching for perks and found a lot of peoples complaining about this.

Personally i would start to ask guides to cross rate themselves for, ratings, photos and whatnot at level 4-5 to limit the mount of crap review and photos.

That would avoid showing the guide star for peoples with not so good reviews.

Then in return :

Past level 6-7 give (ie keep one intermediate level so you can t quickly get point and buy stuff before getting reviewed)

Give access to either a store to get like a tshirt or a cap with their points. Maybe as a freebies or with a very large rebate.  

Also create special badges for some large freebies.

Like a traveler badge for making reviews in; i dunno 10+ countries and offer a backpack.

Or a photograph badge for 1000+ photos with a good rating and offer a camera.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you enhance their maps for free, in fact you spend your own time and your own money driving, life you'll never get back. You actually go into debt doing this. In return you get discounts on Google things. So you work for free then get discounts to pay Google for products. It's a double pay in. That's a double Whammy. But you do help others to find interesting areas and delicious food. I'm unemployed and I'm working for free. In short you're helping Google and others and having a little adventure. Google is quite genius for doing this and easily getting people to enhance google maps at their own cost.. Whoa i'm a local guide, then you're hooked. Google crack cocaine. Yin and Yang! ss.jpgIMG_20150927_214108.jpgIMG_20150927_215211.jpgIMG_20151007_193932.jpgIMG_20151015_164024.jpgIMG_20170813_200940.jpgIMG_20151007_205119.jpg

Level 4

Re: Why we are

I believe that businesses are perfectly capable of uploading their own photos, google maps have turned into tripadvisor. Photos from panoramio were really helping me find interesting places, some remote areas where there's no street view, now all I can find is macdonalds.