SAIS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Why my added place is taking so much time to publish?

I added a place nearby but the place is only visible to me but not to others, why is this happening??

The added place link is https://www.google.com/maps/placelists/list/1W2N3cVquXMx2750EpTOB5RAgoVs

Kistamma Enclave Road, Kistamma Enclave, Secunderabad, Telangana, India
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Why my added place is taking so much time to publish?

Hi Sais,

The link you have provided is to a dropped pin.  A dropped pin has always been meant to be for your use only, thus why you are the only one seeing it.  A typical use case for a dropped pin would be if you wanted to navigate to a specific point rather than a specific place.

You can add certain features to the map for all to see, such as a business, a road, a mountain, etc.; though right now only places in the Establishment subset of categories are editable within Maps.  If you can describe what you are trying to add we can tell you if it's mappable and if so how to do so.  If, instead, you are simply trying to mark a point on the map for people to navigate to then you cannot do that directly on the map but rather would have to share this dropped pin or make a custom map via www.google.com/mymaps.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 6

This has happened several times to me too. wondering how to solve this. even though the status has been approved , i waited for 24 hours others are not able to see this.

please advice what else should be done

thanks

naren

Level 8

@SAIS @நரநதரனஇ This happens and happened to me too. In my case I've noticed that the added place is there but icon is not showing in the map. And if your addition is approved please don't add again the place is already there even if its not showing.

As far I know some reasons behind this are:

• Different Zoom levels.(Try to zoom in and out map and notice if its showing or not)
  • No available icon of that category at this moment.
  • And lack of enough reviews.(I think that if a place got more views and reviews then it would be shown faster)
  • Give it time. at least 24hrs-72hrs.

above descriptions are just my own experiences, Not official reasons from Google.

I hope this helped you. Have nice day.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi Sais,

The link you have provided is to a dropped pin.  A dropped pin has always been meant to be for your use only, thus why you are the only one seeing it.  A typical use case for a dropped pin would be if you wanted to navigate to a specific point rather than a specific place.

You can add certain features to the map for all to see, such as a business, a road, a mountain, etc.; though right now only places in the Establishment subset of categories are editable within Maps.  If you can describe what you are trying to add we can tell you if it's mappable and if so how to do so.  If, instead, you are simply trying to mark a point on the map for people to navigate to then you cannot do that directly on the map but rather would have to share this dropped pin or make a custom map via www.google.com/mymaps.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 2

Yeah! Actually I Dropped Pin over the location & I want it to be visible to every user.

Connect Moderator

I'm afraid that showing everyone's dropped pins on the map would just lead to a crowded map with no context.

Is there something specific at this location that you are trying to highlight?  It looks to be a house in the aerials, is this your house?

Level 2

Yep, It's My Home each time I send my location But, the location will be as far away from my exact location so  I want to add it & share it.

Connect Moderator

I'm sorry, but no one is allowed to add their home to the main map.

If your location has a unique address, such as 1234 Main Street, an address marker can be added so that people can search by address.

Otherwise you would need to share you dropped pin with people on an as needed basis.

Level 2

I even provided the address with exact main location even though its not giving the perfect location.

even I tried to access from map for a cab purpose but i can't... 

Connect Moderator

Again, a dropped pin will never been seen on other's maps unless you send it to them.

What is the unique address of this place?