DeniGu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”?

Google Moderator

Caption: A graphic that shows “NOT APPLIED” has been added to suggested edits on Google Maps.Caption: A graphic that shows “NOT APPLIED” has been added to suggested edits on Google Maps.

Local Guides submit edits on Google Maps to ensure their communities are accurately represented. After you add an edit to Google Maps, it’s reviewed by either local operators, an automated system, or both to ensure the information is accurate and follows our guidelines.

If your edit is Pending, that means we’re still reviewing it. We may need additional information to verify that your edit is accurate. It may take some time for us to gather that information and for fellow Local Guides to use the Check the facts feature on Google Maps to confirm the information you shared is correct.

If your edit is Not Applied, that means we were unable to confidently verify the information you shared at this time.

We hope this doesn’t discourage you from being an active Local Guide. We appreciate all of your efforts to help make the world easier to navigate for millions of people around the world.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

1,886 Comments
Level 9

can anyone tell me who approved map edits or changes 

because some of my edits are approved and some of edits shows still pending

Connect Moderator

@Dipen72 hi 

welcome to connect .. 

Only Regional Leaders or Google can approved your edits .. 

To make attention to your area Regional Leaders or Google u should make a post on Map maker help forum  otherwise Maps help forum .. 

Make post with your pending edits link .. 

it will more helpful ...

Former Google Contributor

[THIS POST HAS BEEN REMOVED] - please refer to new post above.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Connect Moderator

Hi @SATHISH,

thanks for sharing with us (part of) this useful post made by @GusMoreira.

Why don't just share, or give a comment about the original one,(https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...)

that is pinned at the beginning of the "mapping your world" board?

why.JPG

please read the terms  of Google, that are linked at the bottom of every page of Connect, with particular attention of the "copyright" section.

Then please review your post, to meet the terms.

To review your post, click on the three black dots on the right top of your post, then click on "edit message"

Edit1.JPG

Thanks for your attention

Ermes

Level 8
Level 8

Maybe because we can't reply to the original message?

I still call an abnormality in the system!  How can a single guide go around in South africa changing multiple shopping centres detals/name/emails to FNB ATM....and it gets applied? 

Thats just 🐂🐾!

Then when I try to correct it I get hit with a pending or denied email?

Why doesnt the "system" pic up a serial spammer? Its bloody obvious for a human to pickup but a algorithm cant?   

Give us high level guides the power to or ask us to go check info in our area.

Level 8

@GusMoreira@GeorgesHR I read this post "Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?" but the problem is your own map showing the correct name of a City and still the edit is denying. My suggestion is that you can verify it through Indian community guides. In this below image you can see that everywhere city name is mapping as Pachora and I am suggesting the same name but its not working. How can I change this? I am new local guide if I am going wrong then please let me know. Thanks 

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Pachora,+Maharashtra+424201/@20.6673664,75.3426162,15z/data=!4m5...2132.JPG

Level 10

Hi @evancp

Your aswer is here.
Please read it.

Connect Moderator

Hi @evancp

It is not possible to edit Names of cities and roads.

If you find something wrong in it, press the hamburger icon of the app, then choose " send a feedback" and select the most appropriate option

Ermes

Level 6

when correct or edit and add missing place any detail maximum time always direct place status shows Not Applied 

Level 10

Hi @Jai_banna

The program is growing very fast because of the number of LG in the world .

So you need to be more patient than before .

Also you need to update your application Google maps.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

@BoydK,

If you seek answers to what might be occurring, introducing obvious non-contributory issues to the discussion does not help at all.

If you'd actually like help then the offer has been made for you to post all the details of some edits so that the mapping experts in this forum can make suggestions.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

Hi @Flash,

I understand your point.  However please understand mine.  I was just reading yet another recent post on this same topic and yet another link to these guidelines that provide no help.  The problem here is it should already be CLEAR what needs to be done.  IT IS NOT.  And this is a big problem. 

My point also is that if I make posts and then they are rejected and then I have to try to find GPS coordinates and go to forums and back and forth then this is also a hinderance.  It wastes Google technicians time and it wastes my time, money and effort.  

In my previous post, I did not request help with any particular contribution I have made.  I am rather communicating to Local Guides Connect that responding to this problem by saying "Every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both," and "If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied" is not sufficient to enable users to enter 'good data'.   And in that post the link to guidelines provide nothing that will help a user that is facing this issue where everything is NOT APPLIED.

@GusMoreira

Connect Moderator

I understand what you are trying to communicate, but what you are asking is no different than asking "Why does my car make a noise", and then complaining that a general post that gives a general response is not adequate.

And in that post the link to guidelines provide nothing that will help a user that is facing this issue where everything is NOT APPLIED.

If everything is not applied, then there must be an issue, and you'd need to post details for it to be investigated.  You state you don't want to, you just want to post a general complaint.  In that case all we can give you is the general answer.  At no time did I give you just that answer, I've each time communicated the offer to investigate this with you further, but it is you that wants to stop at that post and at the same time state that is isn't enough.

Level 7

Dear Mr, @Flash,

I didn't state 'I don't want to'.  I stated that was not the purpose of my reply, and that for that particular issue, my point is that the information provided in the pinned post is inadequate.  Maybe you should think about saying Thank you very much for taking the time to express your opinion on this subject.   Remeber its me that spent the hours, cash and time in the West African sun to do this.  

One other big problem is when contributions are instantly denied such as is happening to me, I don't see any way of recuperating the GPS coordinates.  Perhaps you could help me out with that.  All I can do is send a screenshot of the Edits tab of my account that has some 30 denials of places that I will not travel to for at least a year, and where most people have no internet.  I imagine that all this work is lost.

I did however make a few offline entries into Google Keep expecting to add these later with a connection.  I can't do that either.  Here's an example:

10.246353, -6.677608

Name:  Pharmacie de Mahandiana-Soukourani

Category: Pharmacy/Chemist

I just tried to add this and it came back instantly NOT APPLIED.

Thank you for investigating this.

Boyd

Screenshot 2018-04-18 at 21.56.27.png

Connect Moderator

I do understand that you are stating that the answer is inadequate; what you are not accepting is that when you supply no details about your edits then you're not ever going to get an adequate response.

Thank you for providing some details.

You will notice that when you are entering a place the street address is marked as a required field.  If you do supply one, it can be expected that your attempt will likely fail.  This is the most likely reason for the denial.

Even if one does enter the three required fields, each edit still would need verification.  As you have pointed out that these are places without much easily accessible information, thus filling in the extra fields such as website and phone will be what allows Google to attempt to verify the edit.  The algorithms are sophisticated enough to not pass along for human review something that a human will almost certainly not be able to better review than the algorithm.

Setting the bar at a level where edits with minimal information are accepted would allow massive amounts of bad data onto the map.  While your intention was to provide good data, there is no reasonable method for Google to be able to accept your minimal data while protecting the integrity of the map.

While you state that the general post doesn't apply to your situation, I'll call your attention to the following which does directly apply:

If your edit is denied, this doesn’t mean you are a bad mapper (unless you are trying to spam the map!) — we may not be familiar with the region you are mapping and need more information to be confident the edit is accurate.

While I realize it if frustrating, it is something with which all users must contend, even the Googlers you see in this forum.  The one thing that will help is that over a great many edits you will earn editing trust in similar types of edits; but even with a very high editing trust one would still almost certainly not be able to enter edits with such minimal information.

Level 7

Hi @Flash,

I have a hard time with this explanation.  You state that the street address is a required field.  However there is the option of Marking the location on the Map.  This is what I have been doing for the last few years.  Have you ever traveled to Africa or any other 3rd world country?  For your information there are next to no street numbers even in cities.  If Google has changed its policy in this regard then mapping will essentially be halted on this continent.  I don't really think this could be possible. 

I would appreciate further investigation of this.   If its just my account, then please let me know that I have no other option than quitting the Local Guides program as Google can't let me add busineses with no street address.

Thank you,

Boyd

@Venance

@GusMoreira

Connect Moderator

Hello @BoydK,

There is no further investigation required, you will find that the street address is clearly marked as a required field.  While this might unfortunately make some places ineligible to be added to the map, it is necessary to prevent the map from becoming covered in spam and other bad edits.

You can also be confident that your account has not been banned, as I see that you have managed to get some edits into at least a pending state.  Banned accounts cannot make any edits at all.

I'm afraid that bad actors have made it tough for Google to continue to accept edits with minimal information and minimal ways to confirm it.

Level 7

Thank you very much for helping me out with this information. It was very helpful. You Rock.

I am local guide level 6.I edit some places 15 days ago but they are not still approved.

Level 9

When you edit/add a POI on map it can take some time to be approve. Map work an algorithm which accept and reject edit provided by us. If system unsure about our edit it will show you pending. 

For more details here is a link, 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

Hope this help 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

Hello @MONDRITO - It would help to send a direct link to the post in the future so we can better understand the full context of the conversation!

As for communications with others here on Connect, often times we are communicating with people from another part of the world and the emotion conveyed in a post can sometimes be misconstrued. You will not always have a positive reaction from everybody even if you have the best intentions. Simply rest assured that as long as you are following the core values of Connect, you will overall always maintain a positive standing here in the community 🙂 

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Yep this is very helpful and very informative post.

Level 9

@MONDRITO

Ignorance is bliss in few situations. Not everyone of us are alike and not needed the wavelength will match always. You kept your point let it be:)

Level 8

Thank you for the updated post. 

Cheers

Level 2

Hello

add missing place in google map more then one month until now not shown Up yet

Level 8

Nice...

Andejadul

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @MONDRITO - It would help to send a direct link to the post in the future so we can better understand the full context of the conversation!

As for communications with others here on Connect, often times we are communicating with people from another part of the world and the emotion conveyed in a post can sometimes be misconstrued. You will not always have a positive reaction from everybody even if you have the best intentions. Simply rest assured that as long as you are following the core values of Connect, you will overall always maintain a positive standing here in the community 🙂 

Thank you for the Topic.

I am new and honestly have a problem and ernest suggested that I set up a post to better share the problem. 

But I don't know how to add more information to the post like a map with the road that Google Maps insists does not exist!  I have a family camp on West Bay, Lake Panache,Ontario.Ca or it is also called Lake Penage, On.Ca.There has been a road from there to Espanola for 70 years!!! How do I get a road covered by huge trees that make this road, a dotted line, but it is a goog two lane gravel road from the Queensway to Lake Penage. How do I get them to put it on Google Maps?

ChristineBrandon
Level 8

Can someone help explain why some of my edits are getting declined? I’ve researched them and they are correct edits but seem to be declined for no reason. Maybe someone can help explain why this happens? Thanks in advance!

I understand that but for some reason all the edits I have made in the last 30 days have been immediately rejected. And that is why i stopped making edits and giving reviews although I made 900 points in about 2 weeks when i started doing it.

Hi @starslayer125,

Welcome to Connect!

I just want to let you know that your question has been already answered in this topic here. I'm also moving your post to them, please feel free to take a look.

Additionally, since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @Douroguy,

Welcome to Connect and nice to meet you.

I just wanted to inform you that your question has been already answered in this topic here. I'm also moving your post to them, please feel free to take a look.

Since you're new to the community, you might want to share a bit about yourself and get to know others in our monthly Introduce Yourself topic. You can also read these Tips: Using Local Guides Connect.

If you ever have questions or just want to learn more about the Local Guides program, you can visit the Help Desk or search the community to find what others have already shared.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

This is what has been happening to me.

You asked for a screenshot! Can you help me to get the Permissions I need to advance?

ChristineBrandon

I sure hope so. I've been having this trouble all along. Yes I am amongst the newer localguides.

ChristineBrandon
Level 8

THank you @FelipePK for sharing out 

Level 7

I'm a bit perplexed about edits needing approval. There are bursts of locations popping up on my local map. First it was pharmacists... Their home addresses showed up as pharmacies. Then businesses run out of homes showing up as business locations.  Simply put, both local zoning laws and Google map rules agree that these should not be considered business locations.

Yet when I go in and out them in for removal, they aren't getting removed.  They are being denied. My guess is that they are updated going to someone else for approval and they don't adhere to the rules as stated.

Thoughts on how this could be approved or improved?  Maybe Google could find a way to integrate zoning? What are your thoughts, guide community?

Hello, @DanielB,

Sorry to hear about the delay in your edits.

Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? will give you a good explanation on the subject. I'm merging your post with it so you keep track.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

بنده یک مکان در نقشه ثبت کردم بعد از گذشت یک ماه هنوز تایید نشده 

Hi @babakhaniAref,

Welcome to Connect.

Please excuse my reply in English. I just want to let you know that every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines.

I'm also moving your post to this topic Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? Feel Free to check it out.

Level 6

Hello Guys,

I am Prabhakaran, I edited the Maps, but it is not approved. I am the local person and I know the places very well, I edited the Maps correctly, but my edits are not approved. Anyone help me in this matter?

Hi @Prabhakaran8,

Welcome to Connect.

I just want to let you know that every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines.

I'm moving your post to this topic Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? Please feel free to check it out for more information.

Do you know how to get the necessary permissions I need to see what people have sent to me or wanted me to see the answers, but the page flashes its red or orange sign up that tells me yet again that I don't have the necessary permissions to see the message?! Can't someone help? I'm a Level 5 and should have those Permissions by now? @ChristyFromCanada

ChristineBrandon

Yes, I introduced myself but other than being Canadian, I really don't want to bore everyone with my story! I love reading posts and learning how to earn points. I have practiced a little with my camera on this phone I'm using to reach out to the Connect community

I need to buy another tablet as the electric cord, the power cord just disintegrated right in the socket so I can't finish the mapping I was doing on it. Oh thanks to many of you and YOU know who you are and I will get back to you all when my new tablet arrives!

Thanks all!

ChristineBrandon

This is what happens to me and I do not understand why this is so! I do not understand the rules. Please make an attempt to have someone, in the know, who can explain how this works? Local Guide Level 5. @ChristyFromCanada

ChristineBrandon
Level 7

Adding or Editing map ,

When see not applied,

Please provide the reason for those contribute.

It makes map eco-friendly.

Thanks

Level 10

This has been requested over and over again. So many posts question why their edit received the dreaded "NOT APPLIED" decision.  I realize there is concern that some might figure out how to game the system with this information, but if done judicially it sure would relieve a lot of frustration in trying to make edits.

Hi  and ,

I just want to let you know that every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines.

I'm moving your post to this topic Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? Please feel free to check it out for more information.

Level 7

As of now, when we as local guides suggest edits, it takes long time to see the change actually. There are instances when changes are not modified even when it was meant to be. There is no transparency why suggested modification was rejected. There should be automated algorithm which captures information from various local guides and act on count of number of similar edits received, to get approval faster.

For eg: There is location in Pune, India which doesn't exist and is falsely marked. Despite of several local guides reported it as "doesn't exist", the edit is always rejected which can create confusion among public seeking to reach that particular place.

Hi @agkunal11,

I'm moving your post to this topic Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? Please feel free to check it out for more information.

Level 6

WHy is it that my google maps , shows 54 likes of my reviews but on my badges I only have 15?