thayal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Why did my edit status received " NOT APPLIED ? "

I feel that, the accepted solution by @GusMoreira , for the thread, " Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied ?" is incomplete.

"Not applied" status is not addressed there. I can understand that, the "Pending" will one-day become either "Accepted" or "Denied".

But, what is "Not Applied"". What I can't understand is,Even after providing basic information including photos, phone numbers...., which are needed for verification , still they are "Not Applied"

I have read  lot of answers, consuming several sleepless nights, where I found only very broad answers, which are not to the exact point of interest .

PLEASE ,I would be very glad if google can give a straight forward answer

What are the criteria to receive the status " NOT APPLIED " ?

I think that, instead of a simple rejection, if possible, please give us a  reason for the rejection ( 'Not Applied ' ), and a way to appeal or correct our faults.

GOOGLE, Please KINDLY take this Suggestion into CONSIDERATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Sri Lanka
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Why did my edit status received " NOT APPLIED ? "

Hello @thayal,

"Not applied" and "Denied" are the same thing.

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  As you know, you can read more in this pinned post.

Google is not going to provide exact reasons for denials, as that would just create a roadmap for the spammers to be able to bypass the algorithms.  You do, however, have the option of providing in this thread all the data you inputted including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Thank you @Flash, I understand your explanation, and will upload the requested data soon.

By the way , google knows everything about us; Then why can't google let us know personally, what wrong we have done and how we should  correct it ?

Thanks

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Level 5

hi @Flash

I have the same case. So, what I do to trust google team, that I have a lot of evidence it is the right place, I get the name for marking place from google street view own google maps, I think it was enough as evidence for accepted by google maps. I believe, google team does not see sign of board name from street view own google maps to check right or no. 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Hello @zhafran,

No one, not even the moderators, has every edit go through.  

The reason can be found in my answer above.

What you can do next is also in my answer above. though you should start a new thread if you are going to do so.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages