gabrielizalo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Why an Update of a a Place is Not Applied?

Hello,

I'm trying to update the info of this place: https://goo.gl/maps/KYAW8ha6AwJ2
I'm updating all missing data as Phone Number, Website and fix bad info as Name (Actual name is Autosur Ltda, but the bes know name is AutoSur CDA), the address (Actual is Cl. 8b #65-108, but real one is Calle 8b # 65-295 )

All info I'm updated is verified from their website: http://www.cda-autosur.com/

I'm Level 7 and the updates are rejected twice.

Any idea why?

Full-Stack Developer friend of UX and Interaction Design
Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Why an Update of a a Place is Not Applied?

Hi @gabrielizalo,

Sometimes the edits you suggest need more time to be reviewed and verified. I'd advise you to be patient until your edit is approved. You can go ahead and read Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? for more information about this topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thanks @NadyaPN...

I know about Pending status... I already have several ... What I'm showing you is that my change are Not Applied , twice, and, as you can see in my post, the data is correct and real. 

In this place I was some days ago , apart the data is verified twice via official place website.

Please verify.

Thankssss

Full-Stack Developer friend of UX and Interaction Design
Level 9

Hello @gabrielizalo

It's very common and also happens with us many times. It happens for many reasons like may be your input was not correct or someone already add/edit the place but still on pending (waiting for approve).

Connect Moderator

Hello @AbdullahAM,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.  I see that you have supplied some of that information in this case, but we would need all the details to try to help you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Hi Flash, Thanks for sharing your viewd. You are right, may be due to some unknown error, creation of the place are marked as " Not Applied" . It is perfectly justified to mark Not Applied for authenticity of data. No arguement on it.

Only request, can LG get some flash/feedback/link/reason, to know and correct it, by knowing where was the mistake. This may save lot of time of LG and educate him to prevent similar mistake next time. As all of us know, it human nature to try again again till one get success. And probably all of us has gone through it.

Thanks.

Vijay Desai.