ziemniak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Why? Help

Hi,

I have a problem. When I change something in maps for ex. change a category or name of the place is immediately rejected. And I don't know why. My changes are correct. For ex. I changed a category of theatre from opera to theatre, but it says it is wrong and it wasn't only this one time. Can you tell my why? Screenshot_2017-11-29-19-46-50.png

Screenshot_2017-11-29-19-46-37.png

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Why? Help

Google never gives specific reasons, and not even generic (general)  reasons, why they reject a particular edit request.

As a private corporation allowing free use of their product with carefully written Terms & Conditions, I suppose they have the right to behave this way so they can minimize the amount of spam, negligent  and fraudulent entries that are published to their Maps.

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

Google never gives specific reasons, and not even generic (general)  reasons, why they reject a particular edit request.

As a private corporation allowing free use of their product with carefully written Terms & Conditions, I suppose they have the right to behave this way so they can minimize the amount of spam, negligent  and fraudulent entries that are published to their Maps.

Level 10

I share your concerns @ziemniak. I've experienced same and I'm concerned. Its quite discouraging.

If it even pends before rejection, that will be better. 

Level 6

They should do if someone have a lot of good corrects and high level he is being check by real live person. It is sad when someone try to help and his corrects are rejected.