aliraxaaa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Why Google ended Road Editor?

Road making in Mapmaker was a great option provided by Google and there are hundreds of roads and paths which are not yet added on Google Maps.
Personally, I think that the feature should be revived so that the peasants of under-developed or developing countries like Pakistan and India are able to continue providing the accurate maps.
I hope Google will consider my point.

Share with me what you guys think about this idea.

Pakistan
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Why Google ended Road Editor?

Hello @aliraxaaa,

Map Maker was old technology.  To maintain the sync of data between Map Maker and Maps meant that Maps could not be advanced.  Map Maker was shut down to let Maps grow, and now could never be reopened.

Instead of building a new version of Map Maker, Google is improving editing directly within Maps.  This is good as it then means that people can edit on their mobile devices.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Why Google ended Road Editor?

Hello @aliraxaaa,

Map Maker was old technology.  To maintain the sync of data between Map Maker and Maps meant that Maps could not be advanced.  Map Maker was shut down to let Maps grow, and now could never be reopened.

Instead of building a new version of Map Maker, Google is improving editing directly within Maps.  This is good as it then means that people can edit on their mobile devices.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages