WillisM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Who reviews edits, and how do we contact them??!!

Have been waiting on the pending edit for 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Northwest+Gate,+Heartquake+Estates/@36.623268,-76.8416858,17z/data...

for 2 weeks now.....Who is reviewing (or NOT reviewing) these edits? And If they're having a problem, I'd love to explain some things to them....but how do i contact them?  

7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Who reviews edits, and how do we contact them??!!

Reviews made in Maps are reviewed by algorithms and Google employees.  There is no method to contact them.

Currently reviews are taking between a few weeks to several months to be processed, with the average being approximately probably around 7 to 8 weeks.  Your edit is still pending as it has not yet reached to the top of the queue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

@WillisM hi 

Thanks for your post...  

Your  edits is already on Maps available..or searchable.  

So any Local guides or Maps user can make review your edits if they want. 

U can also make a review like others.. 

U don't need to contact with anyone to review, If anyone visit this place or know about this place they will make review this place for points. 

How to make a review  see this llink https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/2622994?hl=en&ref_topic=6224587

So u can write a review first... 

If u want to know about  Any pending edits review,,  

It will review by Google or It takes to review A few days- 2 weeks. 

Level 7

Thanks Greg...makes sense.

Level 9
Level 9

@WillisM wrote:

Have been waiting on the pending edit for 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Northwest+Gate,+Heartquake+Estates/@36.623268,-76.8416858,17z/data...

Hi Willis, may I ask what it is you are actually mapping here? The pin drop seems to be the middle of a field https://goo.gl/maps/sjz1ickpCLo is this literally a gate. an entrance to a business called Heartquake Estates which already has it's own listing: https://goo.gl/maps/zYRWVokTQsM2

If so, this may not be a mappable feature but @Flash will perhaps want to come back on the thread to clarify as he's much more experienced in these matters

Connect Moderator

Philip is correct, this feature is not permitted on the map.  Since it is already mapped and you are attempting to edit it, I assume your edit is to delete it.

If not, please be aware that only certain elements can be mapped.  The way to indicate that this is an entrance into a gated community would be to actually map the roadway.  Such a road would be unnamed unless it has an actual officially recognized name.  If the gates are used to keep the general public out and residents need to open them to enter then the roads would be given the Private attribute to indicate the gate area.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

The edit was to put the gate in the correct location. It is not currently where the gate actually is. The road, heartquake Trail, is a named Road in the county, and while it is a private road....I fail to see how simply stating that it's a private road with a gate on it, would tell you WHERE the gate is exactly on the road.  If this is an issue that we need to take to Google Maps, then I believe we should do so. The exact location of a gate is more navigational important, then knowing that there is a gate somewhere on the road. And in this general area, there are several Gates that are owned by different people, with different access phone numbers to gain entry through that gate. So, does Google not allow gates to be identified as a navigational obstruction?

Connect Moderator

Gates are not features that are permitted on the base map.  This is why you did not find a category of "Gate".

A place on the map gets one POI, the individual elements of that place do not each get a POI unless they meet the requirements of a mappable department (which requires, among other things, separate offices, separate staff and it's own phone number).  Any extra POIs would be considered duplicates of the main POI.

The exact location of the gate is not, in fact, that important of a navigational issue.  Knowing a road is limited access is enough information for almost every situation.  However, if you do wish to be precise, as stated previously you can make the road public right to the gate and then make it private from that point onward.

Checking right now it appears that your edit reached the top of the review queue, and realizing it shouldn't be mapped in the first place the reviewer deleted the feature.