SyK112's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Who controls google maps edits of Turkey? And who controls them?

The changes I made are never approved at all. Who approves them and why none of them approved? I added the addresses of the websites of all companies in my region but none were accepted. They were not even checked, and they were observed to be correct if they were controlled. Is it all wrong? This situation has made me reluctant.

I just wanted to help, but would you look at the result? So much labor has gone to waste, so much time. Who can give me my time back? I just tried to make google better in this regard.

Thank you all who is responsible for this issue!

Kirazlık Mahallesi, Tekkeköy/Samsun, Türkiye
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Who controls google maps edits of Turkey? And who controls them?

@SyK112  I agree that the system can be frustrating.  It is controlled by automation and not personal review on every entry. The other factor is many edits take a long time to be resolved.  There is a post that explains some of the edits process   . I have taken photos in the window of a company has moved but google will not change it. I have since found the new location and have to go back and change the marker location. The program is set up to stay as accurate as possible but managing the data World Wide is simply amazing and we can all find errors but over time our input makes it better and give users a better view of locations.

Level 6

@davidcoxI know automation of controller system, approving steps etc and I agree with you, I have no comment on this.

But for example misplaced roads -which is anyone can see with street view- and markers are not fixed at all. I never saw it fixed, I'm talking about my region. Too many edits are denied, which is I just added their website addreses. Without any control, about ~50 edits, at one time. This means, no matter how long we try to write right information, it will probably be just disappointing.

Anyway, I'm sorry to keep this platform busy. I hope someday this system will be better and there will be some others guys to help.

I wish a good day.

Connect Moderator

Hi @SyK112

Not applied and pending happens to everyone. There are several paths through the approval process. Anything in this post is speculation. There are obvious automations in play because rejections happen very quickly. This might be because the business is claimed and being managed by the business themselves (or an agent) or because there are other pending edits. When edits sit in the pending queue they are presented to other Local Guides both through the Check The Facts functionality in the App and through prompting other people who search for the place on Maps where they see someone suggested XXX and they get a chance to say yes or no.

Regards Paul