AbleL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What to do when there's no one to review edits.

I live in the wilderness as far as internet penetration is concerned and there are very few active local guides in the area (the one who lived in my community has moved out). Therefore it is pretty normal for a significant number of edits going unreviewed, ramaining pending for ever. 

I am sure the few other reviewers in my area also face the same problem. (I too see these pending posts which I cannot review without personally verifying them). It is easy to verify the phone numbers as you can simply call those numbers and find out. The most frustrating thing is when your edits in your own backyard and workplace remain pending. 

It would be a good idea to create a platform to discuss local edits and expedite such reviews. 

Also if there is some way to alert you to look for certain features and establishments that needs review in areas one is visiting. I can then keep a lookout for them. 

Dr Able Lawrence MBBS, MD, DM
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
3 comments
Level 8

What to do when there's no one to review edits.

I live in the wilderness as far as internet penetration is concerned and there are very few active local guides in the area (the one who lived in my community has moved out). Therefore it is pretty normal for a significant number of edits going unreviewed, ramaining pending for ever. 

I am sure the few other reviewers in my area also face the same problem. (I too see these pending posts which I cannot review without personally verifying them). It is easy to verify the phone numbers as you can simply call those numbers and find out. The most frustrating thing is when your edits in your own backyard and workplace remain pending. 

It would be a good idea to create a platform to discuss local edits and expedite such reviews. 

Also if there is some way to alert you to look for certain features and establishments that needs review in areas one is visiting. I can then keep a lookout for them. 

Dr Able Lawrence MBBS, MD, DM
Connect Moderator

Re: What to do when there's no one to review edits.

That is a challenging situation @AbleL you should not need to make calls to validate the information. There are a couple of ways forward, one is to encourage the business to claim and join Google My Business where they can self verify the information. The other is to encourage more people near you to become Local Guides. I know neither of these options is much help in the short term but as the program grows in the area it will get better. It's always hard to be the person taking the first steps on a journey.

Thank you for persisting.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Re: What to do when there's no one to review edits.

I will merge your two identical posts @AbleL