YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Re: What to do when a Place is being "attacked" by reviews / photos / closure / reopen

@YK1001 wrote:

Yes, I totally agree and will not touch the place during the flight.

You won't be able to touch the place anyway now because the listing has been deleted not just closed

Level 10

Re: What to do when a Place is being "attacked" by reviews / photos / closure / reopen

Level 8

@LucioV, it was like that.

Name : A

News broke out

Bad reviews

Bad photos

Marked as Closed

Re Opened

A = A Boss is bad

Closed

Reopened

Business Hours: 5 minutes on Wed.  Others closed

Categories = Bad industry

Closed

New place added (all reviews gone)

You got the idea.

I witnessed close open status changing every few minutes.

Level 8

Level 10

@YK1001 got.

Seems like the owner did'nt have the means to manage the negative bias.

Do you know if the placepage was a MyBusiness verified page?

I think that, a good way to handle these situations is to give a chance to lvl5 (or, better, some lvl5 LGs) LGs to LOCK an entity (as well as occur on contested wikipedia pages).

Level 8

Well, Level is too board and not the metric to grant further edit rights like this, @LucioV.

Even the current GMB dashboard did not arm the Owner to flight photo attacks.

Once all the GMM records are merged (I hope they are) into LG profiles, it should allow Google to give Context based Trust Level to LGs on different types of edits.  And accordingly unlock further edit rights for individual LGs.

We can always dream.

Connect Moderator

There is no "merging" of Map Maker profiles and LG profiles to occur; one's Map Maker trust has always been reflected in Maps editing.  Additionally, ones edits in Map Maker were automatically counted the day the LG program started counting edits; that is why most highly experienced Map Maker users instantly had many times the points needed for Level 5 on the first day.

With that said, though, even the most experienced and trusted Map Maker users have never had the ability to lock a POI.  This is because locking is extremely rarely done; Google themselves would not have locked this POI.

Issues such as this settle down after just a couple of days; one just needs to be patient.  The best way someone can help is if they have a high review trust they can deny incorrect edits to delete the feature.  This is to keep it on the map, approving and denying any other edits will just keep the edit war going.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

It sound like there will not be separate counters for Base Map edits Vs POI edits.

That is disappointing as I consider the differentiation between the two is essential for AI based  Auto-approval process.

Anyway, we are promised a faster development of the Maps apps regarding Mapmaker features being migrated to Maps in the year following the cutover.

I can keep dreaming.

Level 10

Wow. People are free to give their own reviews but they should not mark places as permanently closed if that is not true.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Former Google Contributor

@YK1001 If you see a major issue like this (media is covering, edit war, etc), feel free to tag one of us here so we can make sure the right teams are aware of it (they usually are, but you never know).