YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What to do when a Place is being "attacked" by reviews / photos / closure / reopen

There is a Place:  https://goo.gl/maps/gqFoegBCAT72 being "attacked" by Maps Users after some local news being reported by medias.

What we can do to claim down the situation as a LG?

台灣台中市南屯區永采烘焙坊
23 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: What to do when a Place is being "attacked" by reviews / photos / closure / reopen

Please use Feedback to make your report.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Re: What to do when a Place is being "attacked"

Level 8

, the original post Subject might be too misleading, so a...

@ShafiulB, the original post Subject might be too misleading, so adding more descriptions.

I hope we can find out a solution.  I am sure this is not the first, and will not be the last "attack" of places in Maps.

Level 8

Re: What to do when a Place is being "attacked" by reviews / photos / closure / reopen

It is difficult to know what LGs should do because there is no context. What did the pediatrician report? Was it true? What happened to the business on Maps? The post about the business is unfortunately vague. 

Level 8

Thank you for weighing in, @Andrew_Sawyer.

Part I.  

Real world Truth: The business is still operating in the original position.

Maps Observation: places being shown as Closed / Open alternatively.  Changing once every few minutes as searched in Maps by Name, or by opening a saved place.

Level 10

Hi @YK1001

As the link you posted, does not go to a particular POI, it's hard to say anything. First of all, if it has not been claimed yet, I would make sure to claim the business. This provides a certain level of "safety" against edits. 

Then there is a feature to "lock" a place. I do not know how it can be achieved and certainly only Googlers can do it but we have such a place in town (our cathedral) so it is doable (theoretically).

Level 8

Hi @Csaba,

I am asking what WE LG can do.  Via Maps, not much, so I am actually expecting some channels that we can submit a report.  So that someone with the access right can do something.  Yes, that is the locking you mentioned I am thinking about.

The Place is removed from Maps.  (I will say wrongly, as it still exist in real world)

I will say it does not matter what is the actual place in this discussion.

As long as a place is being changed as Closed and Reopened every 5 minutes for the whole day,  it cannot be true for both sides of the battle.

Of course, for the people reviewing the report, we need to include all details to assist them.

This is a screen shot within the day.

Screenshot_20170224-102810.png

Connect Moderator

As a LG there is nothing you can immediately do.  When there are waring edits, jumping in and making additional edits does not help matters at all.

Reporting the issue is the correct thing to do.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

Yes, I totally agree and will not touch the place during the flight.

Where should we report?

Connect Moderator
Solution

Please use Feedback to make your report.