Menfice's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

What this points (locations) are?

I can't understand, what this points (locations) are?

they don't have any information.

Some of this location had been edited by me, but all data disapeard

Chișinău, Moldova
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: What this points (locations) are?

POI means Point Of Interest.  It is common map terminology for a place, such as a business, a park, a city, etc.

The map is made up of points and lines, with some points having optional polygons to define their location.

Google tends to call the points "places"; but as the former name of "Google My Business" was "Places" the community has tended to use POI to distinguish exactly what was meant.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 8
Connect Moderator

Points that are blank are only visible to you, and they represent places where your edit resulted in the deletion of the POI.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

Sorry Im new here, what does POI mean?

Connect Moderator
Solution

POI means Point Of Interest.  It is common map terminology for a place, such as a business, a park, a city, etc.

The map is made up of points and lines, with some points having optional polygons to define their location.

Google tends to call the points "places"; but as the former name of "Google My Business" was "Places" the community has tended to use POI to distinguish exactly what was meant.

Level 8

Thank you