YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: What is the correct way to map Underground Street?

Hi @GinoY,

The same place can be different thing to different people.  It is perfectly normal.

That is the real reason why there are so many questions regarding Place Categories and endless request to add new Categories.

Let's see if we can talk to the City Government, to find out what they are doing to improve the navigational information of the underground streets in time for vistors of http://www.taipei2017.com.tw/

Connect Moderator

Gino, every reference I can find for this place does not call it the "Taipei Underground Street" as you have referenced, but rather it is the "Taipei City Mall".  The references I can find all talk about this being a shopping mall.

Many large cities have shopping malls that stretch over or under streets and thus are convenient ways for pedestrians to get across parts of the city and to access buildings to which the malls connect.  The city I live in now has malls that allow you to walk halfway across downtown without going outdoors as you go under the streets and the city I was born in has both underground and skyways connecting almost every building in the downtown core.  In planning these malls have purposely been connected to transit.  This does not change the fact that they are malls, and the fact that they are not mappable by anyone other than the indoor mapping team.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

You can map underground roads if they are not part of buldings.  You would need to own the bulding or have permission to map the underground roads of someone's private property.  

You can post pictures of underground roads without mapping them in most cases.  I include general locations for certain underground pictures but some underground roads are underground because the owners don't want them mapped.  

It depends on why the roads are underground in the end.  Only the owners know for sure. Underground roads between bunkers, houses and other private property shouldn't include exact location information unless you have proof of permission to share the locations.20180522_142531-1.jpg