StevenVacher's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Weird adding places behaviour ???

Hi all,

So, I added 7 birding hides to a local nature reserve. 4 were approved and added within about 30 minutes but the remaining 3 still haven't been added (pending).

I've added a bunch of places before but what is the normal time frame for adding a new place?

Thanks,

Steve

UK
12 comments
Level 8

Re: Weird adding places behaviour ???

Sir @StevenVacher Google Tracks your timeline on map so keep the GPS turned on and save the nearby places of that missing place for faster results and do use geo-tagging enable photos while adding or editing place it will help Google maps algorithm​

Here is a whole article for you that will help you read this __

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

Connect Moderator

@StevenVacher Define 'normal'  🙂

I have has similar experiences: when adding the same type of places one after the other, some are approved (sometimes within seconds), other are pending for days or weeks before getting approved or rejected - I've not been able to figure out any kind of logic so far.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Brill, thanks @ayann I'll have a read 

Level 8

I'm with you @JanVanHaver I too wish there was some logic 😞 

Connect Moderator

I do understand why there is some secrecy about the exact way it all operates: if this information was publicly available, the spammers would be have an easy time flooding Maps with junk.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

@JanVanHaver google have their policie but we can imagine something like it's quite simple if Google Tracks that you are visited on that missing place in past and if your image is geo-tagging enable then you will get results within some seconds it's happen 8/10 times,And some edits are pending while many people reviewed​ that place if you going to say it's doesn't exist or spam them Google takes time and waits for someone's approval against​ your claim but when you edit somewhere one one reviewed then google tracks your timeline if it matches it process with in a second and also when you see not applied any place that means anyone already edited that place and his /her edit is being under process 

Level 8

@StevenVacher wrote:

Hi all,

So, I added 7 birding hides to a local nature reserve. 4 were approved and added within about 30 minutes but the remaining 3 still haven't been added (pending).

I've added a bunch of places before but what is the normal time frame for adding a new place?

Thanks,

Steve

The key data for adding locations is: Name, Address and Telephone number, if these are the same the software will either have the edit reviewed or believe its a duplicate and you will get the "Not Applied" message, with a bird hide I guess you wont have a phone number, which could make it tricky.  

Connect Moderator

@StevenVacher wrote:

So, I added 7 birding hides to a local nature reserve.

Hi Steven,

Birding Hides would not be mappable features.  The base map that all see only allows certain elements.  In general, we do not map the components of a place unless it meets certain criteria.  The criteria for all places on the map is that the need a proper name (not a description) and category.  Bird Hide is not a category available.  The criteria for a feature that is part of a larger feature is then even more strict.

If you wish to map the components of this nature reserve you would need to do so via one of the several custom mapping options Google provides.  Google My Maps is the easiest to use option, and if you make it searchable and then set it up well your map should then appear in the results when people are seeking these features.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hi @Flash the 'hides' are permanent large (10 people +) wooden structures that I've added to the category Nature Reserve they are part of.