TAcampora's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

We need to get MapMaker available for local guides.

We need the MapMaker utility back for local guides.

Does anybody agree?

It is really important to me that all of the streets around me are up to date and all of the back roads and alleys are mapped as well.

San Diego, CA, USA
2 comments
Level 8

Re: We need to get MapMaker available for local guides.

@TAcampora

Yes I am agree with you map marker was a great feature 

But as Everything has a good and bad side this one is also,yes there is many genuine users are available and they contribute very truely but I'm talking about fake spammers they are also available and use maps i think for them Google discontinued that feature i hope you understand what I'm trying to say.I hope if they bring it back for verified users in future that will be awesome we are hopeful.

But​ now the only way to add missing roads is the send feedback you can read this article

👇👇👇👇

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Report-a-missing-road-on-Google-Maps/ba-p/266970

Level 9

Re: We need to get MapMaker available for local guides.

hi

Could someone please send me a msg or email as to why my post on this thread was removed.

I was not a part of the trusted tester program at the time or under the associated nda.

most everything i know on the subject was cobbled together from public sources (internet) and statements made by Googlers under the auspices of local guide.

The original version of MapMaker was end of life. The team members moved on both within google and to other companies (Jayanth came back but is no longer working with mapping).

what we can hope for is additional mapping features to be added to google maps or a mapping product to be introduced in the future.

MapMaker in the form we knew cannot return.