Zeds's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: WHO'S CHANGING MY BUSINESS NAME EDITS?

I was under the mistaken impression that you knew of Carters stores that sold maternity clothing.  A question if a place that caterers to the baby market about it selling such clothing is simply that; a not unreasonable question.  It in no way implies there is a second set of stores using the same name.

And knowing now that no such collection of stores is known to exist, it makes it even more clear that "Babies and Kids" is just a byline.  As you noted, Carter's itself just calls the stores Carter's.

the proper and correct name for Carter's babies and kids.I think it is more a matter of opinion than who is right or wrong.I could find many people who would agree with my point of view.  

I'm afraid that the only opinion that matters on Google Maps is Google's.  They set the rules for the map.  The rules are that for the purposes of the map this would be a byline, and that the map is not to include bylines.

I should also mention that when you edit the map you agree to follow Google's rules; it is in the terms of service.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

@Flash,

Hi mate......I appreciate your input in this name edit issue very much.It is obviously a facet of Goggle Maps you enjoy and are also equipped with enough talent to assist stubborn control freaks like me.Carter's babies and kids has a very small retail footprint in Southern California...my wife couldn't even tell me for sure if there was a Carter's that only sold women's clothing when I asked her after I was sent questions by Google Maps.....my wife is a born and bred Orange County girl and is a retail nut like me.The thing with me about any submitted edits not being applied or worse still being reverted by someone unknown is that I have achieved my huge numbers of photo views by essentially controlling the total views of many major shopping centers and malls on my turf.When I see something that doesn't look right whether it be the business name,operating hours or a www.zomato.com spam headline photo then I am going to keep at it until I fix the problem.I am highly regarded and very appreciated by the owners of most of the small businesses such as restaurants,cafes,boutiques,gift shops,coffee shops in the shopping centers where I am the dominant Local Guide reviewer...because I look after their Google Maps profile and make sure all the info is right and that a great photo...taken by me is the main photo on Google Maps for customers to see.The vast majority of my submitted edits do get approved because I know I have a very high trust factor.Obviously in this Carter's babies and kids case I have run into a brick wall so I can't spend any further time on it. Thanks again for your input mate......I'm not sure if I learnt anything that will be useful in the future but of course I respect Google Maps authority in these matters.I love Google Maps and doing what I do exceedingly well........bringing businesses and customers together with the right information.Take care.

Cheers,

Zed star.

I must be doing a lot right!I must be doing a lot right!

Level 9
Level 9

@Zeds wrote:

The thing with me about any submitted edits not being applied or worse still being reverted by someone unknown

As I explained on the other thread about Carters, the 'someone unknown' is probably a bulk upload edit from the owner

When I see something that doesn't look right whether it be the business name,operating hours or a www.zomato.com spam headline photo

Regarding your marking of Zomato photos as spam, as mentioned on your 'removing infiltrators' thread, I don't think Google considers this to be spam

Obviously in this Carter's babies and kids case I have run into a brick wall so I can't spend any further time on it.

You've not really run into a brick wall, GusM has simply explained the Google position that the name should not be changed

I'm not sure if I learnt anything that will be useful in the future

That would be a pity. Mapping can be confusing but a lot of time has been taken to try and explain things. If we can't learn we'll keep making the same mistakes

Level 5

@Pea,

Of course I have learnt something but this subject matter is not a big interest for me.I prefer to discuss things that I am very good at such as photography and writing reviews.I have reported www.zomato.com photos as spam and as containing advertising.....there are no other options.I don't make the same mistake twice.Have a nice day.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 1

htet24116