Zeds's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: WHAT'S GOING ON with my edits lately?

@YK1001,

And you gave me the right advice mate.You are a thinking dude!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 7

I feel your pain. I have the very same problem with a local shopping plaza near me. Most of the shops are named as Australia Post which is ludacris as Australia Post is our post office. How could all the shops in the plaza be called this. Whilst I'm not as experienced a guide as yourself, I'm still a level 5 guide with 500 pics over 200 reviews and nearly as many place edits and adds. Can't work out why my edits are not being applied! So frustrating! So wish that there was a  appeal process for L5 guides where I could submit proof of why my edits are correct. I know my area and I know my edits are correct! 😎

Level 7

I will.also try this to fix my edits issue 😊

Thanks for the advice!

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @Zeds,

Not much I can add to your issue here.

To work out all rejected edits are the funnisest part of being a LG.

Have fun.

I guess Maps will detected, when a Place is inside a Mall, if the address of the Place and the Mall are reasonably matched or not.

If I am you, I will concentrate to "fix" the Mall first. 

Level 5

@CateP,

I am very familiar with Australia Post having lived in QLD most of my life before moving to California.So I have had a number of huge edit issues...the biggest being a whole open air shopping mall called Grossmont Center at La Mesa which had the incorrect Google Maps name Grossmont Center Theater for some bizarre reason.Every single huge tenant and all the little shops were listed as being in Grossmont Center Theater.I was trying to edit the stores address individually with virtually no succcess...I managed to change the center's name fro just Target's address.One of the moderators smartly suggested to attack the shopping mall's name first.I practically dismantled the whole site on Google Maps by removing the name Grossmont Center Theater everywhere it appeared when I searched on Google Maps....I submitted it does not exist.....success.I then rebuilt the review site from the scratch...Grossmont Center ...address ...hours...everything.And now after all that work it is functioning again with all the hundreds of reviews and photos which had already been posted before my major overhaul.I essentially did a deconstruction and then a total reconstruction of the Grossmont Center shopping mall.So in your case you will attack the name Australia Post and remove it everywhere in the center until it does not come up when you search for it.Hope this helps you.Good onya!

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 9
Level 9

@Zeds wrote:

I managed to change the center's name

Are you sure you're the one who changed the name? I corrected it on 8 March when I saw your thread and was going to post a reply the next day but saw you'd already marked it as solved. 

Screenshot 2017-03-29 at 15.11.55.png

Level 9
Level 9

in your case you will attack the name Australia Post and remove it everywhere in the center until it does not come up when you search for it.Hope this helps you.Good onya!

Hi @CateP this advice may work but it's not really the best way to go about things. In situations like this, usually if you can fix the primary listing (the name that appears everywhere) then all the other listings will be automatically corrected.

If you want this looked at further you should start your own thread and include map links to the businesses in question

Level 5

@Pea,

I did all the hard yards based on SampsonF's advice so I will give myself full credit for the good outcome.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 7

Hi @Pea 

Thanks for the suggestion! I will do that shortly. I would love to getvthis issue resolved. It really bugs me that It is wrong and that there are so many businesses listed as Australia Post or in Australia Post in this shopping center. After all the time I have spent trying to edit it, it would be great if once and for all I could get it fixed! I didn't want to give up on getting it fixed!

Thanks!   😁

Cheers, Cate 

Level 7

Hi @Zeds

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ah a former Aussie! Awesome!

Seems like shopping centers are a problem everywhere with addresses and there is no quick and easy fix. Guess we can only keep keep doing what local guides do best - keep trying to fix it until its resolved for the benefit of everyone!

Keep up the good fight lol 

Cheers, Cate 

Level 5

@CateP,

For sure and I will always be an Aussie...Go the Parramatta Eels!!!!!

You never know PhilipF might help you but my methods do work.My specialties are controlling the photo view counts in huge shopping centers...that's why I am the man! Ha ha.

Cheers,

Zedd star.