EsteponaJen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Very frustrated Local Guide!

I wonder if I could receive a reply from the  Local Guides Management team.  I am very frustrated!

I am a big contributor to the Google Maps as a Local Guide. Nearly 122,000 points, almost 1,000 full reviews.

Inline images 1

However, my efforts are being constantly frustrated by the automatic decision-making for edits. 

Here are some examples:

pen-Air Sculpture Museum.  It is clearly a typo for Open-Air.  I have edited this over 50 times, it is always rejected.

Inline images 4

Inline images 2

Plaza Virgen del Mar This is wrongly located.  I have tried a great number of times to move it to its correct address, which is, believe it or not, actually in the Plaza Virgen del Mar, 300 metres away from Calle Guadiaro  Always rejected. 

Inline images 3

Estepona Playa This means Estepona beach.  It is sited several streets inland, I have tried and tried to edit it to the seashore, with no success.

Inline images 5

Inline images 6

​These are just some examples. This morning I have several times tried to add a new shop, including trying on my phone where you can submit photo proof of the existence of the business.  Rejected several times.

Earlier this year your video team came and made a video of me and my contributions:

What I would really like would be to have some modest moderation permissions so that I can over-ride the automatic system, and correct errors by other posters.

So, to the Google Maps Local Guides team - how about it?  ​For a dozen years I was a Forum host on a busy forum for teachers with permissions including deleting posts and banning posters. I am a responsible person (a retired High School Principal), and a constant contributor to Google Maps. Please give me moderator permissions.

Looking forward to hearing from you . . .

Thank you.
Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
42 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Very frustrated Local Guide!

Sorry @EsteponaJen I know how much are you dedicated to maps and to LG,  seems that actually many legit updates are being not applied, and it's not you or your updates, there is nothing wrong in what you are trying to get.

Please, read this: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Forever-Not-Applied/m-p/546337/h...

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Sorry @EsteponaJen I know how much are you dedicated to maps and to LG,  seems that actually many legit updates are being not applied, and it's not you or your updates, there is nothing wrong in what you are trying to get.

Please, read this: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Forever-Not-Applied/m-p/546337/h...

Level 8

I loved the video! Keep up the good work - you inspire me!

Waving a big hello from Phoenix, Arizona USA

celebrate life - enjoy the journey
Level 10

Keep doing good work, please @EsteponaJen not to be frustrate. 

Best wishes

Level 8

I really like the kind of video made by google map to appreciate and recognize one’s contribution.

EsteponaJen you are a winner.

Level 10

Thank you for the information that there is a bug possibly causing this.  I look forward to this being remedied! @LucioV wrote this on another thread:

local guides.JPG

And here's a nice photo of beautiful Estepona to cheer us all up

pc florida_Fotor (2).jpg

Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
Level 10

Thanks @EsteponaJen just a correction, the words you can read and you quoted here are from our Mapper Google Moderator @GusMoreira! 😉

Connect Moderator

About your efforts to correct the typo you mention: "I have edited this over 50 times, it is always rejected". Judging from my own experience, I think submitting a change multiple times actually makes it less likely to get the suggested change approved.

It looks like the algorithm is setting some flags that change the behaviour after a change has been submitted several times. Not only for 1 particular change to 1 particular place, but also for a similar change to similar places. 

Here is what I experienced: in Germany, I noticed that the shops from the chain ALDI were systematically labeled as "grocery", but they are discount supermarkets, which is also a category available to select. So I started changing the category on some of them. No problem with the 1st three: approved within seconds, but the 4th and 5th: pending and later not applied. A couple of days later, I tried another one, and that was approved again within seconds.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

I am really inspired by your video @EsteponaJen...

Keep up the good work....

Thanks for sharing your experience...

Level 10

@AmarArora

Thank you!

Yes, it's a great video, and it was WONDERFUL having the Google Team there!

Best wishes for 2018