i3be's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Updating Satellite View to Reflect Changes

Hello.

I'm a Local Guide and I have a question.

How often does Google update (perhaps the correct word should be 'refresh') the Satellite view on Google maps to reflect changes happening on the ground? Because in most developing countries, there are so many building and other structures being constructed regularly that which make a significant difference in the way such places look, right?

Nairobi, Kenya
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Updating Satellite View to Reflect Changes

Hello @i3be

Hope you are having a good day 🙂

For satellite imagery update there's not a specific time frame any body can provide because google acquire satellite imagery from service providers.
How often and where this occur is not predictable, and not on request.
But guess what google has come out with a unique & personalised solution of it, for people who wish to get the latest update on visual images from satellite, subscribe here https://followyourworld.appspot.com/

I hope you gets the answer you was looking.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hello @i3be

Hope you are having a good day 🙂

For satellite imagery update there's not a specific time frame any body can provide because google acquire satellite imagery from service providers.
How often and where this occur is not predictable, and not on request.
But guess what google has come out with a unique & personalised solution of it, for people who wish to get the latest update on visual images from satellite, subscribe here https://followyourworld.appspot.com/

I hope you gets the answer you was looking.

Best Regards

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing that @Haseeb, I was not aware that this existed. Bookmark added now 😀

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

You are most welcome dear @JanVanHaver 🙂

Level 5

Hi @Haseeb

Thank you so much for your answer. I signed up for updates on my locality.

I did not even know that website existed.

Thank you!

Level 10

Nice finding. Thanks for sharing!

Level 9

Hello @i3be @SuzanneBozz @JanVanHaver

I've created a separate post on this topic Get-the-most-latest-Satellite-view-anywhere-worldwide which I hope you guys will find helpful & can guide others in similar way 🙂

Best Regards 

Level 7

@Haseeb- will this force Google to update +3 year old images where now buildings on? The oldest one I ever had +10 years and there is a University on the ground.

Michael Kohlfürst