Rameez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Update location name on Google map

Sir please change the name of location " Sever Thendi Pora " its correct name is " DIVER LOLAB " not Sever Thendi Pora and also I cannot Add a missing place on this location Please update this location in your System

Sever Thendi Pora
7 comments
Level 7

Re: Update location name on Google map

Hi Rameez,

I saw your post and thought to share some information about your post. 

If you not able to add missing info, Just follow following steps

1. Type "Sever Thendi Pora" name on google map or click here It will redirect you on that place
2. Then select that name after that you can see there information page.

3. Check below photos section you will get option "Add Missing place".

4. Fill the proper Information google will automatically update those information after verifying. It will take 24-48 hrs.

so keep patience you will get proper response from google.

AkTheFoodLover
Connect Moderator

Welcome to Local Guides @Rameez there are lots of ways to contribute to Google Maps that help everyone around you. For your particular needs I think that @Anup_Karanjkar covered it quite well. As you are requesting a name change for an area you need to use the Send Feedback functionality within the App or desktop web. Please note that Google may not make your name change as the name likely came from official sources but they will investigate. It can take a long time for these sorts of investigations and you won't likely get any response.

The best ways to contribute and get points are
* Add new places
* Add meaningful quality photos to places
* Edit places to update them to correct information.
* Review and rate places you’ve experienced and tell us about them
* Add photos to places you visit

Never review places you have not personally visited or used.
Good luck in your journey as a Local Guide.

There are loads of great tips in this forum Getting Started for how to get the most out of Connect.

If you haven't already consider introducing yourself on this post

Regards Paul

Level 5

Sir when i add a missing place on this location there is error and can not add it on map the error is "Enter the Valid Address" actually this location is not updated in Google database so I face this problem

Connect Moderator

@Rameez wrote:

Sir when i add a missing place on this location there is error and can not add it on map the error is "Enter the Valid Address" actually this location is not updated in Google database so I face this problem

Hi @Rameez thank you for replying. I see what you mean now I tried to add a place but there is no reverse-geocode information for that area. The Maps coverage is not complete over the whole world but it may be something that can be addressed.

@GusMoreira could you please look at the location specified in the first post in this thread (I called you because Maps) - it appears there is no reverse geocode available for the streets.

Regards Paul

Level 5

Sir then what I do as the map is not geocoded in this area  please suggest me what to do for adding a new place. Then I Request you please geocode this area on Google map so I cannot face such problems please sir

Level 7

Hi @Rameez,

You can check this post maybe you can get some idea.

Thank You.

Happy Guiding.

AkTheFoodLover
Level 5

No still cannot add by this method what is the problem please solve any