SajolKDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Unknown Error on Google Map

Wait until 1 week or sometimes Google takes more than 1 month or year to update an Imagery. Let's see what happen.
Level 8

I requested more than 20 places and Google accepted my request. So, updating imagery can be best solution for it I guess. Because this is a public place. So there is no reason to cover this area.

Connect Moderator

@Arif-BDLG wrote:

I requested more than 20 places and Google accepted my request. So, updating imagery can be best solution for it.

Again, there is no method to request imagery updates.

You mention that you see updates anywhere from 1 week to 1 year later.  Those would not be responses to a request, those would just be the regular updates Google makes to imagery.  

If you're marking a single bad tile, that then is something to which Google can respond; but that is not an imagery update, rather it is fixing of the already existing imagery.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Please don't mind. I think you are not aware of Updating Imagery. Please have a look on the link https://followyourworld.appspot.com

This is the only way to update an imagery manually.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Arif-BDLG

I am quite familiar with that tool.  That tool is only for you to request that a notification of updates in your selected areas be sent to you when new imagery is published; you cannot request imagery updates with it.  The tool is also not currently updated; Google is looking at whether they can fix it so it does again send notifications.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

@Flash thank you very much for your comment.

Actually, you are right. The link shared by other Local Guides here is only for getting a notification when the place is updated by a new image from satellite.

Well, I also asked for a notification of the place. Let's see what happen. Let it go.

I just try your method. I am using IOS version of the map. So I choose the three dash option from upper left corner beside search option.

Then "Help & feedback" option and I found 4 options. from these 4 options, I choose "Send feedback" option.

Then again 3 options appeared and choose "Report a data problem" and them MAP screen appeared for selecting the issue.

But unfortunately, a message is popped up saying "Your feedback is important to us. We cannot fix the map issues in this region yet. However, we're working hard to make this available is more regions soon."

And I cannot select the exact place of the broken image. @Flash is there any other way to update or fix the issue? Like manual editing or fixing, done by human being.

Thanks in advanced.

Sajol

Connect Moderator

Hello @SajolKDas,

I had no issues submitting a report for you using the browser version of Maps.

Please be aware that the imagery team is separate from the Maps team, thus I cannot say for certain that the issue is repairable.

Level 8

@Flash Thanks again for your replay.

I will be very happy if you make a report for me.

Thank you.

Sajol

Level 8

@Venance also thanks for your link. Found very informative. Learned a lot new things.

Level 6

check your connection guys. I think this connection problem.