talormanda's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Unable to move Map Marker from the street to the building

As of recent, my edits are getting denied. I am trying to adjust the name of a Borough building in my town to remove the extra space after "Mc", as well as move it from the middle of the street to the actual building which is at [41.074159, -76.818192].

Mc Ewensville Borough Office, Susquehanna Trail, McEwensville, PA, United States
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Unable to move Map Marker from the street to the building

Hello,

What exactly does this POI represent?  I ask because a building should not normally have a point POI to represent it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@talormanda 

https://goo.gl/maps/6UuMCBomETu

Are you referring to this POI? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

Yes. That is the place in question. It is the borough building and also a social hall where you can have parties, reunions, etc. It certainly is a place of interest, and there are many around where I live that are marked on Google Maps also. If it wasn't suppose to be marked, why would they have a category for it? (City Government Office ?)

EDIT: I am also confused, the link you directed me to has the pin on the correct location, but there is another in the middle of the street??

Level 9

@talormanda wrote:

Yes. That is the place in question. It is the borough building and also a social hall where you can have parties, reunions, etc. It certainly is a place of interest, and there are many around where I live that are marked on Google Maps also. If it wasn't suppose to be marked, why would they have a category for it? (City Government Office ?)

EDIT: I am also confused, the link you directed me to has the pin on the correct location, but there is another in the middle of the street??

I think the map marker problem is now solved. Need not to be confused. Edit can take up-to 24 hrs. 

@talormanda

Level 7

@dєєpαкк wrote:

@talormanda wrote:

I think the map marker problem is now solved. Need not to be confused. Edit can take up-to 24 hrs. 

@talormanda

The issue was that it kept saying "Not Applied" for everything I was doing. Was there a known issue regarding this for everyone? I would get denied instantly. Never had this happen before unless it was an out of state location, even so, at least that would remain "Pending" for a short while.

Level 9

@talormanda wrote:

@dєєpαкк wrote:

@talormanda wrote:

@talormanda

The issue was that it kept saying "Not Applied" for everything I was doing. Was there a known issue regarding this for everyone? I would get denied instantly. Never had this happen before unless it was an out of state location, even so, at least that would remain "Pending" for a short while.

Before 1 hour I was thinking that not applied condition appears when your trust level is less but right now I'm confused how map system works? When I was trying to correct it through my account it got rejected, but with an another account which is not connected to local guide program easily move it. 

Level 7

@dєєpαкк wrote:

@talormanda wrote:

@dєєpαкк wrote:

@talormanda wrote:

@talormanda

Before 1 hour I was thinking that not applied condition appears when your trust level is less but right now I'm confused how map system works? When I was trying to correct it through my account it got rejected, but with an another account which is not connected to local guide program easily move it. 

This is really bizarre and I would like to know why.