RulingG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Unable to form Regional local lead for Google Map Community

Bhutan is a small nation with small population and even fewer in city I live.

In the past when google allowed to map freely, lots of places seem to have been projected wrongly, thus misinforming the current users.

Me and few of my friends tried to correct it but was unable to do as Google only allows Regional Local Lead Team of Google Map to do so. Although I did apply for Regional Local Lead, did not hear from Google Map yet and at the same time am not sure weather we can have Google Map Community as I know only two person interested in my city besides me.  

And there are many places and new routes to be updated. How can I do so?

Bhutan
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Unable to form Regional local lead for Google Map Community

Hi @RulingG,

Mapmaker is graduating into Maps at the end of March 2017.  At the moment, please post to Mapmaker Forum for Mapmaker specific discussions.

Updated as per @Flash's reply.

Connect Moderator

Re: Unable to form Regional local lead for Google Map Community

"Mapping Your World" is also for such discussions, there is no need to post in the Map Maker forum.

Regional Leads do not have any special powers to edit features that you cannot edit.  If a country is not open for mapping in Map Maker then no one can map in that country via Map Maker.

There are no new Regional Leads being accepted, and since Map Maker's features are being graduated into Maps there will be no new countries opened in Map Maker.  Please look for more advanced mapping features coming to Maps in the coming months.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages