HcSingh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Unable to delete Spam edits

Dear LGs,

Being the month of holy Ramzan, while searching for missing mosque in this town, I have noticed that spam edits are there but I am unable to remove them. Please help. Here is the link of one of them https://goo.gl/maps/V4xyHn9JN3p

The spamer added too many mosque in one line that too into the river. The above is linked spam feature is one of them and others are just near it. 

Haldwani, Uttarakhand, India
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Unable to delete Spam edits

Hello,

As you are the one with local knowledge of which places are real and which should not be there, please use Send Feedback within Maps to mark each of the incorrect locations.  When doing so please use move the marker for any that have the correct address but are in the wrong location, Delete->Does Not Exist for any that are completely fake, and Delete->Duplicate Of Another Place for any duplicate features.

It is with your local knowledge that the map can be improved in this area.  Thank you for wanting to ensure the map is a better resource for all.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Dear @Flash

So each day the Local Guides Team perhaps get thousands of reports about duplicated places. How all of you can handle that? I really wonder.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 8

Thanks for your response @Flash

I am not a novice mapper. I am well versed with rules/guidelines but still no avail. I have reported so many spam/private/duplicate features but most of them returned back as "Not Applied". What you will do in that case. Will you report more?? Perhaps never. Once you have mentioned in your reply about "Trust Level" !!!! Here I am loosing that trust level by reporting these spam edit. How a LG object if one of his correct edit rejected. Is there any such way. Why a LG should be here?? Can't you feel there must a forum like "Review my efit Request" like Map Maker ???

Thanks for your understanding.

Level 8

Very correct @ThanhLan I support you brother.