cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Unable to add new places

@Korkaew_Ja wrote:

How can I know if the name is proper?

By "proper name" we mean an actual name, not a description.  "Confluence of river x and y" is a description.

For viewpoints you are normally only going to be able to add it if it is a government recognized viewpoint with a sign that provides the name.

The primary intention of adding features on the map is to map locations, not to provide a place to attach photos.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Everyone is facing problem in adding new places in Jammu and Kashmir region.

Level 8

Can't find that address/Invalid address/Address is ambiguous

Hi there, I'm a level 6 local guide.

I have a great experience with Google Maps, but there are certain situations, you can't get the problems solved, no matter what.

The link below shows a place near my house, it is a Zoo.

I want to add this place to maps, but I get "Invalid address" as an error message.

What is the solution to this situation?

Connect Moderator

Re: Can't find that address/Invalid address/Address is ambiguous

Hello @VivekSunny, if you use the pin to indicate where exactly it is located on the map, don't you get a suggested address? Or only the name of the town? And have you tried typing the first few letters of the street name? Usually there is a pop up with a suggestion then.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Hello @VivekSunny,

Your question is frequently asked, I'm going to merge your thread into an existing one.  Please note the marked solution there.

Please ask any follow up questions in that thread.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

@JanVanHaver wrote:

Hello @VivekSunny, if you use the pin to indicate where exactly it is located on the map, don't you get a suggested address? Or only the name of the town? And have you tried typing the first few letters of the street name? Usually there is a pop up with a suggestion then.

Yes, as I start typing the address for that location, I however get suggestions, but as I select any suggestion, the cursor jumps to some distinct location, which doesn't resemble the place of interest. 

Level 10

Unable to add new place in J&K

This is the plus code of the location 8J4PPV3H+V7

& I have attached the image of that place if anyone can help me out.

Why this map is not adding new place?

Error msg shown: enter a valid address.

Level 10

Re: Unable to add new place in J&K

Hello PansiaSahab,

1.  What is the category of the POI (point of interest) that you are trying to add?

2.  I noticed that both of the streets in front of and behind the location are not named ("Unnamed Road").  This may be why there is an issue with a valid address.  If you know the names of the street(s) you could add them first, then try to enter the place.  Then again, these may be busways for the bus stand.   In any event, trying to add a business or POI as Durga Dry Fruits did (address at/in the bus stand police station) will likely be difficult.

Thank you.

Connect Moderator

Re: Unable to add new place in J&K

Hello,

Your question is frequently asked, thus I am going to merge it into an existing thread.  Please read the marked solution there, and if you have follow up questions please post them in that thread.

You will find that most questions have already been asked.  Please always read the Maps Help Centre and search this forum before creating a new thread in order to prevent duplicate topics.

Level 10

Yes i found why we are getting error "Invalid Address", Just put ('India'/'Pakistan') at the end of the address, after that "Create the place" it will work. As J&K is divided into two counties, so we have to specify the country also. @Anonymous @Flash @tusharc2n  @LuaPL