sameenasanjay's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

UNKNOWN ROADS POPPING UP ON THE MAP WHILE USING GPS

Yesterday ,while l was riding a bike using GPS.I noticed unknown road popping up on the Google map  screen on GPS mode for a particular stretch of road.l guess these are roads which are not marked on the map as yet.However would like to get an authentic information/ confirmation from either the moderators or my fellow guides friends who keeps doing Mapping and are well versed with it, before thinking of making any changes on the maps.l definitely wouldn't want to make any changes all by myself without authentic info on this topic. Request acknowledgment of my post by putting some light, if l'm right on thinking that these unknown roads are yet to be marked on the roads.If yes,l would like to mark them on the map.

SPECIAL THANKS TO LUCIO V ,who guided me to open a new thread on this topic as l was posting this post at a wrong place and hence was not getting addressed.

Thanks buddy!

I love your helpful nature

THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION OF A HELPFUL GESTURE!

WARM REGARDS!

SAMEENA KAUSAR

INDIAN AIR FORCE

13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: UNKNOWN ROADS POPPING UP ON THE MAP WHILE USING GPS

Hi @sameenasanjay

Thanks for reaching us with this issue. 

Can you please share a link of the maps where we can see this road? 

To do it you have to tap the point to have the red pin in the place, then tap in more info, then tap on the "share" symbol and copy the linkScreenshot_20170802-091516.png

I'm moving your post to Mapping-Your-World board 

Ermes 

Level 6

@ErmesT

Thanks a lot again Ermest!

Can l do it sitting at home? Do  l have to drive down to that place again to note that place,its Approx 3 km stretch which runs in-between the shrubs.( Muddy road - not exactly tarred but gravelled here and there and  is used by travellers on bike as well as few cars.This is the shortest route and hence travellers prefer to use this stretch of road.

If l can do it right here without actually visiting that place again,then l will start right away following the steps you have suggested me.

Will wait for your reply to start working on it.

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @sameenasanjay

Thanks for reaching us with this issue. 

Can you please share a link of the maps where we can see this road? 

To do it you have to tap the point to have the red pin in the place, then tap in more info, then tap on the "share" symbol and copy the linkScreenshot_20170802-091516.png

I'm moving your post to Mapping-Your-World board 

Ermes 

then l will start doing it right now following your steps.

Connect Moderator

Level 6

@ErmesT

Thanks! will start trying it.

Warm Regards!

Level 6

@ErmesT

Sorry for the delayed response!

I will not be able to mark this from home because the map is highlighting only the longer route.The longer route is double the distance (13 kms) where as this route is just 7 kms to the destination.( 3kms) in between is the unknown road. It is not showing the route we take.We might go again today or may be within a week,so l will have to wait till my next trip out  there. I do not know the names of the coordinates to mention,in the search engine to search this alternative place.So have to practically visit that place again to pin point it.

(2) l have noticed one more road construction recently,not constructed as yet,so l have to apply the same method as mentioned by you ?

Thanks once again,this Connect was an alien forum for me a few days back,l opened it for the first time when l recieved a prompt to join Connect. When l opened it l was completely lost ,then slowly started interacting with guides on  connect,made friends with them and they started helping me by  showing how to use Connect and now l  feel comfortable with so many friends from all over the world, so l love Connect forum.This is a forum where you can learn so many things free of cost and the best part is when we go wrong , someone is always there to guide us.

THE NAME ITSELF DEPICTS (CONNECT) AND HERE I AM CONNECTED WITH SO MANY FRIENDS

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force

Connect Moderator

Level 10

Hi  @sameenasanjay please, could you specify more? You see a popup on your smartphone while using Google Maps as navigator?

As @ErmesT wrote, please, try to share here the area where this occur, to understand if there is something that is not yet mapped.

Level 6

@ErmesT

@LucioV

Thank you both!

Ok ,when l start driving on this particular stretch using GPS ,the moment l enter this somewhat gravelled road, I see this msg of unknown road on the track.l will send you a screenshot when l travel on that stretch again may be in 2-3 days.Mostly bike rider prefer this route apart from a few  car drivers since its much shorter than the  highway route. l tried to follow Ermest:s instructions and wanted to mark sitting at home but the map is not showing the route we take but is is showing the longer route which is  approx 13 kms and not the shorter route which we follow (7kms)

Had l knew the cordinates l would have still tracked the road by writing the cordinates in the search engine but unfortunately l do not know the names of the cordinates.In this situation l have to practically go there on the road again and do the markings.I will let you know when I'm going there again and i will follow your guidelines in completing the task.

Thanks Lucio for coming forward to guide me and Ermest for giving me tips ti follow, whenever l get stuck.

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force

@LucioV wrote:

Hi  @sameenasanjay please, could you specify more? You see a popup on your smartphone while using Google Maps as navigator?

As @ErmesT wrote, please, try to share here the area where this occur, to understand if there is something that is not yet mapped.

Level 6

@ErmesT

Thanks for forwarding the message to Lucio V

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force