LMG22's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

UK English maps and no closing hours

Hey,

1. So there's a driving school which offers classes starting with 18:00, but there's no 'closing hour', so to speak. Naturally, there's no way to note that in Google Maps, other than by uploading a photo, so I was wondering if this is just an exclusive feature to Google My Business users or perhaps this feature does exist, but I just can't find it. I scoured the entire Connect forums, but had absolutely no luck.

2. Is it an issue on my side, or Google Maps doesn't have the option to switch to UK English? Now my problem is not that I am using US English, my problem is that there is absolutely no option to change to a 24-hour format (other than by changing the language and there's only US English) and I am forced to use this antiquated AM/PM format. Is it an issue that I am facing or is this normal? My entire account is set up to UK English, so I am not sure why maps isn't.

Thanks!

1 comment
Level 10

Re: UK English maps and no closing hours

Hello @LMG22 I just checked the google map in desktop version and noticed that there is no option for UK english. This may be the reason the map doesn't show up in UK english though your entire account is set up to UK account.

While using map in US english it shows the time in AM/PM format which is normal. But as I switch the map in my language (Nepali) the time appears in 24 hour format.

In conclusion AM/PM might be the deafult format for US english as map language.

Thank you so much. 🙂