sputnikjim's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Tracking the status of map edits

Quoted below is a reply to a post in the News & Update forum/blog which more or less diverges from the original post.  However, I think that it's a reasonable question to ask, so I am repeating it in Map My World.

@MichaelJ asks,

"Hi @CorrieD I do have a question, and possibly some feedback on this. [UPDATE 5/2, Googler CorrieD is moving to a new role in the company, where she will not be dealing with the Local Guides community]

Since this is clearly not automated at this point, what is the expected turn-around time on edits reported using this feature? The reason I ask is that while some of my edits were approved/published in days, I have some edits going back to March 24th that are, still pending as far as I can tell. Since several errors in Map Maker prevented many of my edits from publishing over there, I'm now trying to clear a large backlog of edits, and I have been holding back not only because of dependencies, but as to not overwhelm the team.

This brings me to the point - how do we know if the edits are still pending, or if they were removed from the queue (Not Accepted), since there is no history visible to us to go back to on road edits at this time. "