camisotro's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Toronto, Canada - fixing a wrong marker + postal code, rejected twice

Hi there, I am trying to correct the map marker and postal code for a newly built apartment building, 561 Sherbourne.

I submitted edits twice with the correct postal code and map marker but they were both marked "not applied".

Any advice on how to push it further? There is no comment field I'm able to use to explain myself in more detail when submitting the requests.

The wrong postal code that shows in searches is M4X 1W7. The new postal code (you can check at Canada Post) is M4X 0A1.

Google does not recognize M4X 0A1 and instead maps the general M4X area.

Currently when searching this address it incorrectly leads to a marker right between the 565 Sherbourne Shoppers Drug Mart and the (also) 565 Sherbourne apartment building.

The correct location is south of there, approximately where the (incorrect) Tim Horton's map marker is located. You can see on Street View what it looked like right at the end of construction, when there were still big signs up advertising it. It's the newer-looking building in the middle. To the left is the 565 tower and to the right is the 555 tower.

561 streetview.png

561 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, ON, Canada
1 comment
Level 8

Re: Toronto, Canada - fixing a wrong marker + postal code, rejected twice

So rather than move the marker merely for an address point I created a new place at the correct position and using the street address (561 Sherbourne) where I also added the website for the apartment building and other additional data. I've found in the past that that is the easiest way to accomplish what you were looking to do.

Hope it helps in future.