Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

This seems like a fake Google listing

hi

this seems like a fake google listing and a residential address at that

[REDACTED]

can i get some other experienced mappers to confirm.

streetview is available.

my edit below

a generic google search query cannot be considered private.

GOOGLE FLIGHTS

a listing in the USA and one in the UK

just search for it on Google Maps

In case anyone else is wondering this is the name of a Google Product

the info i initially shared was a default share / copy paste from the android maps app

i can share google maps links anywhere on the internet except on the mapping subforum of local guide connect. that makes a good deal of sense.

6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: This seems like a fake Google listing

Hi @RPaulR,

I have edited you post. Please bare in mind that for privacy reasons, we do not allow sharing any contact information (private or business) on Connect, such as telephone numbers, email and street addresses, etc.

The best thing you can do in this situation is to report the listing in question here.

Regards,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@Flash

so we arent allowed to share google maps links anymore

is this a joke?

anyways a search on maps for GOOGLE FLIGHTS brings it up

there is also a similar spam listing in the uk

bussiness listings added to google maps are considered public information right?

Connect Moderator

Hello @RPaulR,

As I have already mentioned to you, this forum is not a place for you to ask that others perform edits that you could not make.

Additionally, the privacy rules of this forum state you should not be providing any individual's information, and should you suspect a business is breaking any rules for Maps then you should also not identify them.  This would include trying to work around that rule by telling people how to find it themselves; in doing so you are still identifying them.

As @KlaudiyaG suggested, after you have tried to make the edits yourself then you should take your reports for businesses to the GMB forum to which she linked.  As that is the correct place to make such reports, that forum allows you to identify them and report them.  This forum is not a place for such reports and requests.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Im going to have to spend some time and carefully write a responce later within the next day or 2

the explanation treads in to several touchy subjects.

regardless im not going to report any more of the fake or questionable google locations i have found here for now

Level 5

No it's not fake it's real 

Level 9

@Gazoowendy

Google Flights is a real thing.

GOOGLE FLIGHTS (name language Russian) the 2 listings on Maps are most definately SPAM.