SarathKumar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

The translations of place in Local Language is incorrect but there no option to edit or suggest?

We couldn't edit or suggest translation in google map. This is for the roads,government offices, Place names are incorrect in translation. Is there anyway to change those??

Tamil Nadu, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: The translations of place in Local Language is incorrect but there no option to edit or suggest?

Hi @SarathKumar,

We need to discuss the question in different cases:

1.  For POIs that LGs can edit

- Switch Maps to the Langauge you want to use

- Do a "suggest an edit", then correct the Name in the correct language field.  Please see my post To enter Place Name in Multiple Languages if needed.

2.  For Roads

- Use "Send Feedback", "Edit the map", click on the Road Segment, "Next", then enter the Road name.  Please remember to add a note to tell on which Language you are correcting the Name for.

3.  For Other Places with no Edit options or no Specific Report routes

- Use "Send Feedback", "Send App Feedback" in Mobile, or "Other feedback" in Desktop.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: The translations of place in Local Language is incorrect but there no option to edit or suggest?

@SarathKumar You can edit few things like places, incorrect languages. but there is no option to edit the road names, block names, some region names etc..

rk_root
Level 8

Rif.: The translations of place in Local Language is incorrect but there no option to edit or sugges

Hi @SarathKumarclick on the activity of your interest in google maps, then Click on add an edit is situated under information of your business (after address, website, opening hours, etc.) Edit the information.

SAL_B Italy
Level 8

You can suggest an edit that is not editable to Google by submitting "other feedback."

There you can describe the issue. The lenghts of periods of time until solved vary largely.

Level 3

Tamil translations on Googlemap is disgusting. Also we can't correct them by sending feedbacks.

Level 8
Solution

Hi @SarathKumar,

We need to discuss the question in different cases:

1.  For POIs that LGs can edit

- Switch Maps to the Langauge you want to use

- Do a "suggest an edit", then correct the Name in the correct language field.  Please see my post To enter Place Name in Multiple Languages if needed.

2.  For Roads

- Use "Send Feedback", "Edit the map", click on the Road Segment, "Next", then enter the Road name.  Please remember to add a note to tell on which Language you are correcting the Name for.

3.  For Other Places with no Edit options or no Specific Report routes

- Use "Send Feedback", "Send App Feedback" in Mobile, or "Other feedback" in Desktop.

Level 8

Hi @BloggerNanban

I understand your frustration man 😞 . There is a way you can try fixing it. 

Just follow the below steps:

*Go to maps in phone and type the place where you want to change the regional language

*Once the pin is located on the name you want to change go to left corner of the app and scroll down and hit send feedback

*In feedback tab hit send app feedback it'll take you to another screen 

*There you can submit correct name and your suggestions m

I've add some reference image for you. Step 2Step 2

Screenshot_20171216-082813.jpg

I hope his helps you :). Don't worry man there is always a solution.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.