AysarB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The idea of Local Guides is to share !

Hello everybody,

I really wonder of some Local Guides Communities who are publishing and sharing their information in other languages than English! Even French or Germany, because the idea of being a local guide is to share with others and specially visitors from other countries your experience and knowledge about places you know and we know that English now is the International Language that most of people are talking but not French or Russian so what is the use of an information written in Arabic for visitors from all the world to Dubai ?! Why Google is not paying attention for this ???

Hope to discuss this idea with you guys !

Thanks.

AB

10 comments
Level 8

Re: The idea of Local Guides is to share !

I really wanted to know your opinion guys ,,,, nobody comments !

Level 10

The argument was deeply explored before. Personally i use my primary language (italian) for italian places, and english for all the other places in the world, i think that it's not possible to force a review to be done only in english.

Level 9

Hi, @AysarB as @LucioV have mentioned you can't force anybody to write or review something in English, but it's best if you include the name of place and information in English as well, so that other people who don't understand each other language can have some concept about the place by means of English..

I think I should also mention that though English is the International Language, many people around the world  (local people of different places) can't speak/understand English, so it is necessary to give the information in local language...

Peace 🙂

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

Dear @LucioV,

Its not about forcing anyone and I did not mean to force but I said that the idea of sharing means to share for all but when you write in Italian then only who can reads Italian can benefit of the shared info !

Thanks for your reply anyway

Level 5

Hi @AysarB

As @LucioV & @MadanKPradhan mentioned it is difficult for many people in other countries who dose not know English and even for those who can understand they can not communicate in proper written English.

Sometimes it is difficult to express an idea or any other subject other than your native tongue ..

As for me my native tongue is Arabic ..

I use it here to attract those who speak Arabic only to participate in our community ..

I also use English to communicate with other nationalities ..

We can use the native language but we should not be closed to that, we have to be open to others ..

That can not be except using English as you said ..

Level 10

Level 5

Good idea @LucioV 🙂

Level 8

@LucioV, @ZuhairM

You are both right and as you said Zuhair it is good to use your mother language to share, explain and to attract your national people to Local guide program but I think it is also very important to share LG info in English too, Zuhair my mother language is Arabic too but I do not see a problem to cotribute most useful info in English even for arabs who need the information because people who uses google maps should know English in most cases.

Thank you.

Level 5

I do agree with you @AysarB, but as I mentioned there are active members who like to participate but they are facing difficulties to participate due to the lack of English knowledge.

In this particular case they can communicate in their mother tongue language to express and share their experiences and ideas ..