Bolelang's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Table Mountain Incomplete Map

I am an avid hiker and visit Table Mountain and surrounding mountains at least once a week. As I walk these places I notice that there are names that we know of trails, ravines, buttresses, etc that are either missing or incorrect. The Google Map does not give tools to fix such errors in the wild like it does for when we walk the city. This is one of the top tourist attraction in the world that have made it to the 7 natural wonders of the world. How can it be improved? I want to improve it because I am there on a weekly basis.

A view of some of the mountain in the Table Mountain National Park. This one was taken from Suther Peak, Karbonkelberg.A view of some of the mountain in the Table Mountain National Park. This one was taken from Suther Peak, Karbonkelberg.

Bolelang Rakeepile
Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
3 comments
Level 7

Re: Table Mountain Incomplete Map

Use the steps, "Send Feedback", then "Your Opinions about Maps", to inform the Google Maps team about your concerns.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

You can request the addition of trails via the feature to add a road; in Maps a trail is simply a road with vehicular restrictions.  Include the fact that it is walking only or walking/biking only in the field for additional notes.  Trails and roads should never have a description in the name field; if there are unnamed trails it is fine to leave the name field blank (in which case you must have something in the note field).  If you have a GPS trace of the trail you can post that somewhere on the net (My Maps or Google Drive are good places) and then link to in in the notes field; be sure to specify that it's your own trace.

The other features are things we could map in the Map Maker tool, but it was old technology and unfortunately had to be retired in order to allow Maps to advance.  Going forward Google plans to add more advanced editing feature directly to Maps.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Thank you.

I know of a facility to add a missing place on Maps. I haven't seen add a missing road. Where in Maps can one find it?

Bolelang Rakeepile