JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: TEMPORARY CLOSURE

Of course leaving the place open is the same, just the other way around: the point clearly is not that, but that's a big limit for google maps to not to have a feature that permits you to work with temporary stuff.

And sorry I wasn't clear, but of course google local guides care about it. Otherwise we wouldn't be here spending our time. What I mean is that google do not care about it (just like for the local guide app or the more rewards for local guides and so on), or at least it looks like that, especially when you (moderators in general) say to us to send a feedback, that is again a pretty "cold" way of making google aware of something. And honestly, when there are tones of threads here about it? Does it make any sense? Of course I need to point out that I'm just criticizing some aspects, not just complaining. It would be wonderful a better connection between us and the company about that kind of things.

Connect Moderator

Google cares about it, that's why the made rules for it.  And that's why the have the new option for a business to be marked temporarily closed via GMB.

Google not setting things up the way you would like to see it does not mean they don't care.  They have much more information about how things work, how people use them, etc.; and how they affect the entire database; and from that they make their decisions on how to present the best final map to the end user.

We tell you to submit feedback because that is the way to get the information about what you would like to see directly to the team that gathers such feedback and presents it to the decision makers.  It is a tool available to all users; whether they be Local Guides, other Maps users, businesses, etc.  Each of those groups has a separate forum, and for each group only a small fraction actually use their respective forum; so while you're free to discuss things here and the Googlers devoted to this forum might even participate in your discussion; this is not the place to get ideas directly to the people that do the final accumulation of such feedback.  We are not trying to send you away, we are trying to ensure that your feedback gets to the right place.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Exactly, that's why we keep saying that is a matter of perspective.

We must also remember that we are doing that for free, while google is getting money from our job. 

Anyway, thanks for your help.