gurlavie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Supporting a new location request with pictures

Hi,

Trying to post a new place - its a beautiful cave, which is rearly known, but easy to hike to.

I am concerned, as its hard to validate it, but I was there and took nice pics.

But when posting a new place, I cant add images to support my claim.

So my question - is there a way to share with Google images of a new place not on the map, so it will help them to apply the change ?

Thanks !

1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Supporting a new location request with pictures

Hello @gurlavie,

If you are using the Maps app on your mobile device then you can add pictures; but the main reason for doing so is so that your picture are automatically added after the place publishes.  Google can verify features without pictures.

The main issue in this case will be the fact that caves are not currently features that can be added to the map.  When adding a new feature a good thing to remember is that it must have a proper name (not a description) and an appropriate category.  There are many categories that are mapped but which are not in the category group that is currently accepting edits.  Cave is one such feature, it is a geographical feature and geographical features are not open for editing at this time.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages