ArunA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Suggest Edits to some places are not working

I've noticed that there are some places on Google maps in my area that I suggest r not getting published ,it is just showing ur suggest is just reviewed, for a long time  ,,,,, still not published  why ?

3 comments
Level 8

Re: Suggest Edits to some places are not working

As I understand it, your changes need to be reviewed and approved by Google / Regional Leads (if Map Maker is available in your country / territory). I think it's quite common for the review / approval process to take a long time, measured in weeks, and sometimes in months: I've made a few changes that have not yet been published.

Level 10

@ArunA

Google review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map.

Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

here are some Points you may know Before Edit Places On Google Maps : 

What makes a good edit

Name : Use the official or primary name for a place. Don’t add any extra comments in the name field.
Address : Enter a readable address. If Maps suggests an address that’s incomplete, add additional details in the address.
Marker : When you move a marker, make sure you zoom in far enough and switch to satellite view. This will help you see buildings and move the marker on the building where the place is.
Category : Use specific categories, like "Clothing store" instead of "Store".
Hours : Enter the hours a place is open. You can add different hours for different days of the week.
Phone number : Use the primary phone number.
Website : Use the official website. Don’t include links to social networking sites, review aggregates, or other similar websites.

hope it helps 🙂
many thanks 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 9

Hie @ArunA for a better experience you need to paste link or image of that place. 

It help us to solve your problem. 

As @iDepp mention above find most useful information. 

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.