Joshua_Evans's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Street name change not a applied

Hi,

I have recently moved states in Australia from NSW to QLD. I have noticed when I was trying to use Google maps to get to my new home the address that was displayed after entering the search was wrong. I submitted a change on google maps for the street name which was showing as Karingal Dr on Google Maps to Greenwich Avenue. This was rejected twice despite providing additional feedback stating I lived there & other homes are not displayed on the section of the map as well I have now submitted this change another 2 times as I have family who is planning to visit & when they search the address it takes 4 streets away because its wrong. 

Can anyone help with this issue?

The current photos/street views on Google maps are outdated for anyone who googles the area. Also, Karingal Drive is the street behind my home.

Greenwich Avenue, Pimpama QLD, Australia
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Street name change not a applied

I'm bit confused how you were able to edit that road? 

Since there is no direct option to edit road on google map. Please use send feedback option. 

@Joshua_Evans

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@deepakjhic At least in the English version of Maps, you can open the menu, scroll down to 'Send feedback', then choose 'Wrong information'. The roads will turn pink on the map and clicking on any of them will bring up a window in which you can suggest the new name of the road, whether it's a one-way or two-way road and many other options.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Joshua_Evans,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the area and then add notes to it to explain exactly what road segments you are trying to change, and to what names?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@LMG22 wrote:

@deepakjhic At least in the English version of Maps, you can open the menu, scroll down to 'Send feedback', then choose 'Wrong information'. The roads will turn pink on the map and clicking on any of them will bring up a window in which you can suggest the new name of the road, whether it's a one-way or two-way road and many other options.

Hi @LMG22,

Thank you for explaining well. I'm m sorry for my incomplete reply. I just wanted to clear that if your road addition rejected edit tab won't show that. Edit tab only made up for showing results for POI's.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.