kyleaw's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Street View App Missing Functions

Having been approved by the loan program to take the camera to the island of St. Helena this June I have some questions about the app.

I have been trying to use the Street View app, and have read through the docmentation and found instructions for functions but the instructions do not match what I see on the app.

Here are some things I noticed.

When using "auto capture"  the instructions state to select it on the "Private" tab by clicking More More, and then tap the linked camera. I don't have that option on my street view app right now, but I do not have a 360 camera connected to it either (i've only been using the phone and taking multiple photos). Is this option only available when a 360 camera is connected?

When using "Automatically detect and blur faces" it says to open the "Menu ."  and check it in the settings but I do not have “Automatically detect faces in 360 photos,”. Is this option only available when a 360 camera is connected as well?

For many of the options such as auto connect the instructions state to tap "More More" on the profile tab. to get more options, but my profile tab does not have a "More More" option.

Am missing something?

Any help would be appreiciated.
USA
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Street View App Missing Functions

Hi @kyleaw i will try to answer to your questions.

@kyleaw wrote:

Having been approved by the loan program to take the camera to the island of St. Helena this June I have some questions about the app.

I have been trying to use the Street View app, and have read through the docmentation and found instructions for functions but the instructions do not match what I see on the app.

Here are some things I noticed.

When using "auto capture"  the instructions state to select it on the "Private" tab by clicking More More, and then tap the linked camera. I don't have that option on my street view app right now, but I do not have a 360 camera connected to it either (i've only been using the phone and taking multiple photos). Is this option only available when a 360 camera is connected?

Yes, autocapture works only with a 360 camera connected on. Otherwise, how could the phone camera able to shoot automatically?

@kyleaw wrote:

When using "Automatically detect and blur faces" it says to open the "Menu ."  and check it in the settings but I do not have “Automatically detect faces in 360 photos,”. Is this option only available when a 360 camera is connected as well?

No, this feature works also on already uploaded panoramas into your private tab. Will not show on already published photos, that are present in your profile tab.

Also note that, as far as i know, this is not available in iOS SV App, but only on Android SV App.

@kyleaw wrote:
For many of the options such as auto connect the instructions state to tap "More More" on the profile tab. to get more options, but my profile tab does not have a "More More" option.

Am missing something?

The "more" button is the three vertical dots button in the upper right portion of the image/listing/view

@kyleaw wrote:

Any help would be appreiciated.

Hope it helps! 😉

Level 8

Re: Street View App Missing Functions

Hi @kyleaw,.

The embedded photos are broken.  Can you update your post for clarity?