EsteponaJen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Still VERY frustrated Local Guide

Very frustrated Local Guide!

I posted this some weeks ago, the kind reply was that this is a bug in the algorithm that is being dealt with, but I still have the same problem.

I wonder if I could receive a reply from the  Local Guides Management team.  I am very frustrated! @TraciC  @FaridTDF  for example!

I am a big contributor to the Google Maps as a Local Guide. Nearly 130,000 points, almost 1,000 full reviews.
 local guide.JPG

However, my efforts are being constantly frustrated by the automatic decision-making for edits. 

Here are some examples:

pen-Air Sculpture Museum.  It is clearly a typo for Open-Air.  I have edited this over 50 times, it is always rejected.

Inline images 4

Inline images 2

Plaza Virgen del Mar This is wrongly located.  I have tried a great number of times to move it to its correct address, which is, believe it or not, actually in the Plaza Virgen del Mar, 300 metres away from Calle Guadiaro  Always rejected. 

Inline images 3

Estepona Playa This means Estepona beach.  It is sited several streets inland, I have tried and tried to edit it to the seashore, with no success.

Inline images 5

Inline images 6

​These are just some examples. I have several times tried to add a new shop, including trying on my phone where you can submit photo proof of the existence of the business.  Rejected several times.

Earlier this year your video team came and made a video of me and my contributions:

What I would really like would be to have some modest moderation permissions so that I can over-ride the automatic system, and correct errors by other posters.

So, to the Google Maps Local Guides team - how about it?  ​For a dozen years I was a Forum host on a busy forum for teachers with permissions including deleting posts and banning posters. I am a responsible person (a retired High School Principal), and a constant contributor to Google Maps. Please give me moderator permissions.

Looking forward to hearing from you . . .

Thank you.
Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Still VERY frustrated Local Guide

Hello,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.  Please realize that everyone gets denials; there is no way to deal with the volume of edits and not have a system that has some imperfect automation.

As for your request, Google does not currently grant such privileges.  Such programs have been in place in the past, generally those granted such privileges had to be extremely experienced and trusted mappers that were also very familiar with all the rules of the map.  Even with those requirements some such people would take advantage and either make inappropriate edits and reviews, or some even created major issues (you perhaps have heard of the peeing Android).  As such I doubt that Google will grant such privileges again any time soon.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hola @EsteponaJen y feliz 2018 😃, en realidad no existen esos permisos de moderador sobre los mapas, a menos que trabajes para el equipo específico que se dedica a la edición de mapas, con lo cual lo que queda es Como reportar lugares que están erróneos. Y seguir esos pasos nos rigen a todos los  Local Guides. De todas maneras pongo en contacto a @BruceDM, y ver qué se puede hacer al respecto.

Saludos Farid

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.  Please realize that everyone gets denials; there is no way to deal with the volume of edits and not have a system that has some imperfect automation.

As for your request, Google does not currently grant such privileges.  Such programs have been in place in the past, generally those granted such privileges had to be extremely experienced and trusted mappers that were also very familiar with all the rules of the map.  Even with those requirements some such people would take advantage and either make inappropriate edits and reviews, or some even created major issues (you perhaps have heard of the peeing Android).  As such I doubt that Google will grant such privileges again any time soon.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hace poco me he dado cuenta que por alguna extraña razón, si modificas varios aspectos de un punto, se tarda bastante en realizar el cambio, por ejemplo, si tienes que cambiar algo del nombre del sitio, la ubicación en el mapa, agregar horarios y números de teléfono, lo he hecho todo en una sola edición, he llegado a esperar 3 meses y nada, cuando he cambiado una cosa a la vez, se aplica el cambio de inmediato, es tedioso, pero efectivo. En resumen, agrego primero el horario, ya que se refleja el cambio, muevo la chincheta en el mapa, luego de verlo reflejado, cambio el nombre así uno por uno hasta que todos los datos se han actualizado, me queda claro que es un error en el algoritmo de respuesta automática de Google pero hace mucho que deberían haberlo solucionado.

Level 10

Gracias amigo @FaridTDF !   Y que tengas un año 2018 muy pero muy venturoso.  

Bss desde Estepona, el Jardin de la Costa del Sol.

! Calle Cruz_Fotor.jpg

Local Guide for Estepona, the town that thinks it's a garden, the Garden of the Costa del Sol.
Level 10

Thank you @Flash !

Yes, I know that people deliberately re-name incorrectly.  A few days ago I spotted somebody had put in a place in Estepona called "Turd Beach".  I'm glad to say that I was allowed to delete it immediately.  

🙂

I would be VERY pleased if somebody with privileges could just get pen-Air Sculpture Museum corrected to Open-Air Sculpture Museum.  Please!  That would be a start.  I try to correct every day.  Often several times. Doesn't the number of corrections count in the system?  Doesn't the status (Number of contributions) of the reporter count?  

*** Big sigh. ***

But thank you all.

Level 10

Hola y buenos dias a @JuanPabloFonseca.  Como ves, y como ya lo sabe @FaridTDF, te puedo contestar en castellano.

Me parece muy buena idea la tuya, y la voy a probar para otros sitios.

Para pen-Air Sculpture Museum me parece que no vale, porque solo cambio el nombre, no cambio un monton de cosas a la vez.  Pero voy a ver si puedo cambiar un poco el horario, a ver lo que pasa.

Aqui te dejo una foto de Estepona, el pueblo mas bonito de toda España !

oPasaje dona Francisca Contreras 2_Fotor_Fotor.jpg