Amiran's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Spammer removed one important POI of Mashhad, Iran. Why Google lets this 😡

I really don't know why Google lets users to remove places with many refers from the web, many comments and many photos!!!  😡

Although I have most edits in Iran, system in most cases does not let me even to edit such POIs to correct them and all such edits will go for Google Moderation but how lets spammers (who in most cases have very less edits) to remove such important POI from the map?

Today I noticed "Mellat Park" which is the central park of Mashhad has been removed from the map and all, all photos and reviews also have been lost. This removal also caused the vast green borders of this park to be not visible. Now when you search this park on the map it only shows "Mellat Amusement Park" which is only one part of the main park!

This is not first time that I see such important spam on the map but every time I notify Google about such spams Googlers only say add it again on the map!! Are you kidding me? What about those huge amount of information one place had before removal?!! For this they suggest me to send feedback! But I've sent many feedback for similar situations and no action after months 😡

Previously in Map Maker Google was do the best in this case and re-instate the removed POI with photos and reviews but in current (too sparse) system they do not try to restore a removed place even when it is very important. Current situation is like one user remove "NY Central Park" from the map. Do you let this?!! Do you try not to re-instate it with photos and reviews? It doesn't important for the map?

If Google is not able to re-store one POI why do not prepare a way for top contributors to lock some important POIs or at least why do not prepare a way for us to request for locking some important POIs? We (as top LGs in Iran) put many times (often all day long!!) to have clear, complete and reliable map. You know these are all volunteer work and help both Google Maps and people. But such situation really discourage us and made us tired 😭

Now I ask Googlers to re-insate this POI which was placed at this point (36.320744, 59.537502). And ask to restore all missed photos and reviews.

Currently I have no link but If I found a link in my archive, I'll put it here.

Then please prepare a secure way to keep the map safe from the spammers. (I'll post a complete note in this case in future)

@GusMoreira @BruceDM

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Spammer removed one important POI of Mashhad, Iran. Why Google lets this 😡

No response from Googlers but it seems they've heard my voice. Now it has been fixed (Although by missing some info). Thanks dear Googlers.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Spammers is a very serious challenge to face in 2018 @Amiran 

Level 10

Yes dear bro @OSAMA, Unfortunately. But Google can easily detect top best users in each country and give them more abilities to have more powerful control on the map. This really can make the map safer from the spammers.

Level 9

Share this request on Feature and request section bro @Amiran

I like your idea 🙂

Level 10

Surely I'll do it later @OSAMA but currently I'm really sad for removing many photos and reviews and just wanna cry 😭

Level 9

Sometimes cry make us stronger @Amiran 

😭😢😭😢😭

Let's cry together 😭😭😭

Take it easy bro , am sure Google will find more ways to fight spammers 😊😊

Keep it up bro you are great member of this LGFAMILY 📣

Level 10

@GusMoreira when I search for previous address of "Mellat Park" in search field it shows the location of "Mellat Park" POI but redirects me to "Mellat Amusement Park". Maybe this can be helpful? https://goo.gl/maps/DNx6XFs6ABq

Level 10

Hi my dear friend @Amiran

It's painful and make us upset when see an spammer can do spam easily while our deleting goes pending or not applied when you sure the removal is true.

Also i know spammer remove important places several times and there is no ability to stop them with report when we don't have link of removed places.

Or Google trust some top LG's in each country for some special access like lock important places or just trusted users can edits them.

I'll agree all of you said and can be felt like this:

"We (as top LGs in Iran) put many times (often all day long!!) to have clear, complete and reliable map. You know these are all volunteer work and help both Google Maps and people. But such situation really discourage us and made us tired"

Level 10

Again it seems that Google can not re-instate it. Is this true? 😕

@GusMoreira @BruceDM

Level 10

Oh, it seems that Google merged main park with amusement park!! Is there any way to turn them back to previous situation? These are separate POIs and should have separate points on the map

@BruceDM