ShafiulB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Spammer Attack in Dhaka

When i recently Visited Bashundhara City Shopping Complex, I was surprised, What happening here. Go to this link

Its show me Rizvi International . We knows that, This  is the Highest Reviewed (4800+ Reviews) Place on Maps in Bangladesh and second Largest shopping mall In Bangladesh. One of the most important and Favorite  Shopping Mall in South ASIA.

When you search this as Bashundhara city shopping  Complex , you will see thisWhen you search this as Bashundhara city shopping Complex , you will see this

I know that this place is Verified with Business Listing.But how it Changed in this into Rizvi International with marker, Mobile number,website, Category Address everything changed. How its Possible and who made this changed ???

The last week i have added some new photographs in this Shopping mall . You all can see the Quick fact or its reviews or photographs all indicate its real identity.

I also checked Bashundhara City Shopping Complex official website, its aslo show Rizvi International's Location...

from official WEBSITEfrom official WEBSITE

How its possible, i couldn't think that because this is a high security place or spammer's done it easily...!!!! 

I have seen many popular or important places vanished from maps , like as Bangabandhu National Stadium or others.

How we can protect our Maps from spammer.??? @TraciC @Corrie

Any Idea or opinion from our Bangladeshi Local Guides - @MahabubMunna @MuhiburRSaad @SumaiyaZafrin Or @LucioV @Flash @YK1001

Bashundhara City Shopping Complex, Panthapath, Dhaka, Bangladesh
25 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Spammer Attack at Bshumdhara City Shpping Complex, Dhaka

Thanks @GusMoreira and Local guides team for consider this. 

I am so happy that we are successful against this major spamming in our country and this problem is now solved.

@LucioV @Kamalhasnainee @MuhiburRSaad 

Happy Guiding !!!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @ShafiulB when a user (a spammer or a wrong user) suggest a main edit to a claimed business, this is shown into the GMB console for the MyBusiness owner, that could decide wether to accept or refuse the update suggestion.

In my experience, when managing a large number of business this request is often misread and occur to click on "accept all", so don't be surprised that this major change was accepted.

I don't know that place, and i was wondering if a property change could have been really occurred here!

Looking for Rizvi International on Google i can find this entry: https://dam.com.bd/shop/rizvi-international/235

Maybe some Rizvi manager decided to put their business on maps, and finding the place where their offices are located, decided to use the existing POI instead of creating another one, or maybe a glitch of Maps while they were trying to add a new POI.

Connect Moderator

@LucioVyou are right !!

But if our Local Guides team or Maps team quickly not improve this system,it will very bad with this program in future.

I hope Local Guides team will look into this matter to do something against these spammers.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @ShafiulB and @LucioV,

Thank you for tagging us. We are already investigating the issue and will revert it back to the original name.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Connect Moderator

@GusMoreiraThanks for your kind touch about this issue ..

For these spammers people make question about Google maps accuracy. !!!!

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 9

Hi @ShafiulB it's very important post. I have also noticed these changes and some spammers doing very bad works with maps. We should verify or edit any place with carefully but some spammers or some user took it with fun but that is not a matter of fun. We should be careful when we verify any place in check the facts. Thanks to @GusMoreira you have noticed the post. I think it should be fixed & have to take an action against those spammers.

Thanks @ShafiulB for sharing this topic.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

@Kamalhasnainee Thanks for your Support against these spammers.

Only Google can mark these Spamner or Google should Ban these spammers.

Happy Guiding!!! 

Level 8

Re: Spammer Attack at Dhaka

Spammer's vandalizing activities in this area is now a common issue. However changing the name and other attributes of "Bashundhara City" as some other business is really a matter to be worried. Few days ago we got complains from more than one embassy that their contact information in Google Maps have been replaced by a travel agency. Spamming activities in Dhaka City is becoming a serious problem.

But in this case I think so as Lucio said, Maybe someone from Rizvi International decided to put their business on maps, and finding the place where their offices are located, decided to use the existing POI instead of creating another one, or maybe a glitch of Maps while they were trying to add a new POI.

Thanks a lot @ShafiulB for escalating this important matter and Thanks @GusMoreira for having a look at this issue.

Connect Moderator

@MuhiburRSaad  Thanks for your great opinion !!

In this situation we have  to be more aware against these spammer's . But we have nothing to do without informed the Local Guides team.We have to wait for their support.

If Someone have like this same issue please informed us in this thread. 

Otherwise we have to continue our fight against these spammer's for make this platform accurate. 

Happy Guiding !!!

Connect Moderator

@GusMoreira @TraciC What Happening ..???

This place now show as City Bank ATM .. Link

And i see Reviews counts Decrease 4818 to 4803.

Its may be for one reason, Local Guides or other users think that they reviewed in a wrong location. so for avoid spamming removed these reviews.

This is the new change or you can see here the new Review countThis is the new change or you can see here the new Review count