popotnik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Spaming Google Maps with generic images ...

This guy "...." (level 8 !!!) spams all locations with generic images of mushrooms...

I've reported some ... but the sheer amount is overwhelming. (It is not easy to pass the "not a robot test" )

Some Images actually are from that area, just not from that specific location, so he's been there, but why upload the same fotos over and over again ...?

7 comments
Level 10

Re: Spaming Google Maps with generic images ...

@popotnik wrote:

This guy "xxxxx" (level 8 !!!) spams all locations with generic images of mushrooms...

I've reported some ... but the sheer amount is overwhelming. (It is not easy to pass the "not robot test" )

Some Images actually are from that area, just not from that specific location, so he's been there, but why upload the same fotos over and over again ...?

Hi @popotnik please remove the name of the spammer, and tag some Googler to receive further assistance.

To report a spammer Local Guide, please, don't share here public info, but tag a Google Moderator (look here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Help-Desk/Meet-the-Google-Moderators/m-p/88603) to request support. They will contact you through private message.

For further informations, read here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=30997#M...

Thanks

Level 5

Update:

This is likely a fake troll account. The guy on those mushroom-selfies is in the local news ... I do doubt, he's actually wallpapering his face across the internet. He's got enough bad press already - but who knows.

Level 5

... So far noone has contacted me...

I want to report a Spammer, please contact me.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

You have not been contacted as so far you have not tagged a Google moderator.  Unfortunately conflicting terminology has been chosen on this forum.  Message tags are similar to twitter hashtags or keywords; and unrelated to tagging a person, which is in fact to mention them within the conversation rather than within the message tags.

I will tag @BruceDM and @JeslynL so that one of them can help you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Former Google Contributor

Thanks, @Flash

Hello @popotnik, I've shared with you more details on how the share this info with the team via private message, check your inbox! And as Flash notes, other users (or Google Moderators) will be notified only when you tag/mention them in the body field of your post, by typing "@" then their username. 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

The message is sent.

Thanx to everyone.

Level 5

Update: One needs to report from one's Google account email address ... in order for that report to be processable ...

bureaucracy at its best. Google get your act together.