boyshawn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Singapore] Downtown Line 3 stations on Google Maps

Hi fellow Singapore Local Guides!

This is my first post on the Local Guide community, so apology if I have accidentally violated any forum rules unknowingly.

I wanted to check how can I contribute to add all the new Downtown Line (DTL) 3 MRT stations information onto Google Maps. I know that I can add them individually by hand, but I don't think I can add all the extra information such as Stop ID and Departure Board. Will love to contribute to make new commuters know more about travelling on DTL.

Singapore
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: [Singapore] Downtown Line 3 stations on Google Maps

Hello,

Thank you for your dedication to keep the map up to date.

Transit data is in a layer not editable by users.  Google instead partners with transit authorities to add the data.  I'm afraid that you will not be able to submit such edits.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Thank you for your dedication to keep the map up to date.

Transit data is in a layer not editable by users.  Google instead partners with transit authorities to add the data.  I'm afraid that you will not be able to submit such edits.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Hi, I'm Joe , local guide from singapore. pls contact me at <PHONE NUMBER REMOVED? or <EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED> to see how we can work together to improve the DTL on google maps. tks

Level 10

@foodmaverick @boyshawn

Hi both,

This info is not editable by end users or local guides, it is officially added in the backend by Google.

I have actually already submitted a request to them to have it updated as soon as possible. I know the DTL3 has been running for a few days but not yet showing in google maps. 

In the future, you can also send it as feedback inside the maps app, and or raise the issue here in Connect.

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 10

@boyshawn also, welcome to Connect! 😃

Follow Instagram & Twitter @jhender. SG updates at #singaporelocalguides. YouTube Fun with Maps
Level 8

@JulienHand @Flash, thanks for the information! I have submitted a App feedback according to what you have suggested. I guessed we just have to wait for the official Google Maps data update.

Level 10

@boyshawn cool. looking forward to more great submissions from you. 

Level 8

Is there local guide meet up in Singapore? We can come together and contribute more.

Level 10

@debmalyaj sure we could organize something. Do you have something in mind?

Level 7

great idea, lets meet up friday 17th Nov for a drink. I know an affordable place with view of the river ...good vibes. contact me Joe at 90044193, . Any other local guides wanna meet up in singapore, pls drop me a text . cheers