NickWatts's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Section of road labled public, but should be private. People park on side of road & get locked in.

This section of the road is marked as public when it should be marked as private in the manner that Apple Maps and Yahoo Maps of properly done. 

It creates confusion when patrons of the nearby Crux Fermentation Project think they can park on the side of the road but then get locked in to the area after Hours of operation of the Hooker Creek company closes the gate.google_maps.png

Hooker Creek Ready Mix, Southwest Scalehouse Loop, Bend, OR, USA
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Section of road labled public, but should be private. People park on side of road & get lock

Hello @NickWatts,

To submit an edit please use Send Feedback within Google Maps.  You will be able to select the road segment, blank the name (that is obviously an unnamed driveway) and use the Add Notes portion to state "Gated business driveway, please set road attributes appropriately as well as removing name".

However, looking at this in Street View, I strongly think such changes will not make a difference.  It is very clear that this is a private business and people are making a conscious decision to park there anyway.

Please also note that businesses cannot participate in the Local Guides program.  You should convert your account to a personal one or exit the program.  Purely mapping questions can always be also asked in the Maps forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 4

Re: Section of road labled public, but should be private. People park on side of road & get lock

Thanks @Flash!

I have done exactly as you stated a few times over the last couple months from different Google accounts. It's great to have a confirmation from you, thanks! I posted this hear to put added pressure (hopefully). Hooker Creek, the owner of the private road has to deal constantly with patrons of the nearby Crux Firmentation Pub getting their cars locked into their property and they made it known to me, which is why I'm trying to help. 

Connect Moderator

Hello @NickWatts,

The queue for edits can get quite large.  There is no need to submit multiple edits, that will not bring it to the top of the queue any quicker, rather it just bogs down the queue for all.

There is also no process available through these forums for skipping edits to the top of the queue.

I'll repeat that while the map should be updated to reflect reality, I don't think this is contributing at all.  People might use it as an excuse, but the reality is that one can clearly see that they're parking on another businesses property and behind a gate.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages