cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Say goodbye to Not Applied : Place creation problem

Hello,

Due to the number of people that interpret the title of this post to mean that there is a foolproof way to always have your edits published, I find it necessary to be clear that there is no such method in existence.  Even the moderators, including the Googlers, make unsuccessful edits.

Providing as much accurate information as possible will always increase your chances.

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing creating a new thread with a post that contains all the data from your edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash

Thanks for the information.

Level 8

maybe the best tips are:

• make sure the place to add has never been created
  • make sure you point to the correct location
  • note the Google Maps suggestion list about similar places ('possible match nearby')

possible match nearby suggestionpossible match nearby suggestion

If you find that the place already exists, do not add, better suggest edit if its necessary

Level 8

That's not the case.  I saw suggestions but to other places nearby.  The problem is they said not applied but not why. 

Level 7

Keep suggesting it, until you get a pending approval, some robot is thinking your adding something that is already there. Once its at pending, you will have to wait till someone local verifies your addition. Its not a fast process,but its the only one that sort of prevents fraud.

Level 5

Wow! This is very nice. Thank you for sharing this tips. I've been wait for so long for my contribute to be publish.

Level 7

You are guiding the routine procedure as solution which is quite strange. And also to say that I marked almost all the locations without logging on to connect, then why not these new?

Anyhow like your CONFIDENCE!

Level 8

We’re wasting time. This is a big issue with google maps. I gave up finding a solution. what I do is just add a place and let it go. Sometimes it is approved, sometimes not. So just move on. 

Nobody even at google knows a definite answer to this issue. 

Level 3

Finally I got a solution

38B070B1-CF34-41D9-9E4E-8F444BA0993E.jpeg

The solution is:

1-Never leave the website space blank. 

2- After you hit submit press submit anyway.

3- Then press contribute more immediately 

4- Quickly go to the three lins on the top left hand corner and press on your contributions button then press edit and repeat the last step for more than 10 times very quickly.

The problem was in refreshing process.

trust me and do it.

if you need more information contact me on Facebook 

https://m.facebook.com/Feras.kwarit?ref=bookmarks

Level 4

Finally It worked for me

Hi,

Thanks for your tips finally my place got created.