AvianQuest's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Say goodbye to Not Applied : Place creation problem

Hi @BTan

Thanks for asking. Please read the official reply : /Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applied/

One tip for you : if you want to mention somebody please the @ symbol, so to notify to the mentioned person

Ermes 

Level 9

I also find it very hard to get places approved, places thatt are there, which i know personally are rejected many times.

What are the requirements?

Its very hard to add each place 4 or 5 times and then only a small chance ...  I must say the place creation system is really random and crazy, not in touch with the reality.

Level 9

I walk past a place to work every day.

i added it to google maps, got rejected

i tried adding all the details possible =rejected

tried again with all details like phone, website etc = rejected

i tried every few days for another 3 or 4 times,

i added minimal info

suddenly its accepted.

The place exists i walk past it every day, its on satellite view its on street view.....

I'm not sure i have the patience to do this procedure for every new place.

New places are crazy hard to add, i am avoiding adding them.

Even  you think a place is easy to add it may take 5 tries or some times its accepted easily.

weird

sending photos in place creation has made no difference

i  fact simple minimal is best, its too painful to enter all that info 5 times.

Level 6

This doesn't work at all as I keep getting the message NOT APPLIED

Level 10

I tried the suggestion above, putting in only minimal detail, and after my two previous rejections, it was accepted. Still, this way I get extra points by putting in the extra details as edits. Quite pointless, but necessary when all decisions are made by an algorithm. 

Level 6

@CinnamonWhat do you mean by "simple minimal"?

Level 10

Hi @ZacYys, I guess name, address and category (the three, required fields).

Level 5

Not applied in google maps is due to the address of to places seen same then this problem occur this is due to someone enter a same adress to another places by mistakely then this happens once i am creating a new place tjen i enter shop no 3 instant of 6bymistakely then the status come to me not applied now when get the status applied then change the language of address it mean way of writing addtess oryou find the nearbyplaces have same address then youedit that address then create a new place

@PL wrote:

Yep, tried that. After contributing it doesn't refresh at all. I think the problem is the listing was created on Map Maker by someone before but never published. I tried to edit and create the same spot but no luck.

Level 9

I've tried adding places with different adress formats. All are not applied. 

Level 5

Hey i will inform when i wii get another way to solve this problem i think this can be occur  due to thhe some rule like 1 apartment have not more then the the some no of shop or place congestation this is my guEss i am searching the way to solve this problem thank to give reply