AvianQuest's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Say goodbye to Not Applied : Place creation problem

I. Prerequisite: Be sure you are logged-in Local Guides Connect
example (Check your Profile) https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/88939

II. Go to Local Guides Home
https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

III. Click Start Contributing

IV. Once the Google Map page appears make sure you are at the CONTRIBUTE section
A. Right click on the map and go to the specific place
B. Add a missing place
C. Fill out (available information)
> Place name (Don't leave blank)
> Address (Don't leave blank)
> Category (Don't leave blank/Select appropriately)
> Phone (Fill-out if needed)
> Website (Fill-out if data is available)
> Hours Fill-out if data is available
D. Hit Submit
E. Wait for approximately 1 minute until the page refreshes. (Very important)

F. Wait for the result of Google Map's approval/disapproval.  

Happy Creating New Places / Mapping #LocalGuides / Everyone
🙂
~ #AvianQuest

42 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Say goodbye to Not Applied : Place creation problem

Hello,

Due to the number of people that interpret the title of this post to mean that there is a foolproof way to always have your edits published, I find it necessary to be clear that there is no such method in existence.  Even the moderators, including the Googlers, make unsuccessful edits.

Providing as much accurate information as possible will always increase your chances.

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing creating a new thread with a post that contains all the data from your edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@AvianQuest Thanks for your tips. Just want to add one thing - You don't necessarily have to be signed in to Local Guides Connect in order to add a place into Maps. As long as you're logged in to your Google account, you should be able to do it. Google use certain logic (unknown to public) to determine whether your addition will get approved instantly, or go through review first.

Based on experience, it seems that the more good edits/creation you made in the past, the faster the approval process is. 

Level 4
Level 4

Tried this. Still doesn't work properly. I'm getting "NOT APPLIED · Place creation"

Level 7

Hi,
You must be on the Prompt CONTRIBUTE 
then click on Google Maps where you want a new place creation 
After completing the creation, wait for the page to refresh or if it does not refresh 
click the contribute button
You will receive an email if the place creation is successful
~AvianQuest

Level 4
Level 4

Yep, tried that. After contributing it doesn't refresh at all. I think the problem is the listing was created on Map Maker by someone before but never published. I tried to edit and create the same spot but no luck.

Level 7

Sometimes it is random. First try it is okay. Sometimes it will take a second try. So keep trying. The important thing is you create a new place which is required to complete your Google map requirement.

Patience is a sweet virtue. 🙂

Level 9

Tried your method several times, unfortunately it did not work for me..

Level 6

Same.  Not working for me either. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @AvianQuest

Who gave you this procedure? Hope this is just a way to have fun. 

The possibility to avoid a  Not Applied following this procedure are the same that you have if, before to open Maps, you turn three times clockwise 🙂 

The possibility for a new addition to be applied in a short time depend of many factors, as @iyudhi

Said, included your trusted level, but it is irrelevant if you have Connect opens or not. 

I'm moving your post in "mapping your world" board

Ermes 

Level 9

Hi Ernest, 

I have tried to add this new location three times; twice within a day on last weekend and once today, and the on my contribution section, it keeps saying that "NOT Applied. Place Creation". I have photos...etc. but it seems that I was unable to add this particular business which is called "Original Sin" in Christchurch, NZ. Here is the link if you want to see it.  https://www.originalsin.co.nz/ 

Please let know why or how this can be solved. Thanks 🙂 and happy googling~~!!!!