OnyedikaBenjaminJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Road network edit

Made edits to some road networks, but none has been approved or atleast a mail telling me that the edits cudnt be verified and its been like 2 months now

Enugu, Nigeria
3 comments
Level 9

Re: Road network edit

@LucioV thanks, but i have edited several road networks, and havent been notified at all as regards the status of the edit, just a " thank you for edit" mail i got just after sending the feedback thats all. My question why is it that edits involving a road network takes so much time

Level 10

Re: Road network edit

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ Just has @LucioV has sent to you, here is a quick shot of what the link he sent to you says. @GusMoreira said this in the post and I quote:

"Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps passes through automated systems that analyze different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the edit, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything we are adding to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other Local Guides through Check the Facts.

Don’t take it personally.

If your edit is denied, this doesn’t mean you are a bad mapper (unless you are trying to spam the map!) — we may not be familiar with the region you are mapping and need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit.

Thank you for helping to keep Google Maps fresh and accurate for the millions of people who rely on your information when they’re exploring the world."

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ I hope this will help you.